Sleeve Rubber For Flatslide Carb?

jaan

I'm going to fit a Mikuni flatslide carb VM28-418 to my Montesa 348.

Any ideas on a firm that supplies 42 - 33 mm sleeve rubbers? The front spigot outer diameter of Mikuni is 33 mm. The outer diameter of Montesa inlet tube is 42 mm.

I've checked Allens and Hug's Bultaco. According to their websites they don't have this size.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Jaan,

Guess its tricky to find sleeve rubbers with two ID, not impossible though, search sleeves for others vehicles..

If you not have bought the carb yet, I could recommend PWK29S or OKO, its even worth the effort to prod a new manifold, 35/35 ID sleeves are easy to find.

Modern carbs offers major improvment verses twin shock std set up (or TYR std set up for that matter), ~a result from several years of prod development!

E.g. GG have probably not randomly chosen carb brand for their trials line... ;)

I'm going to fit a Mikuni flatslide carb VM28-418 to my Montesa 348.

Any ideas on a firm that supplies 42 - 33 mm sleeve rubbers? The front spigot outer diameter of Mikuni is 33 mm. The outer diameter of Montesa inlet tube is 42 mm.

I've checked Allens and Hug's Bultaco. According to their websites they don't have this size.

• 2 months later...

Jaan,

Did you ever get the mikuni carb on the 348?? If so, what methods / manifold and airbox rubbers did you end up using to get it in place?

I'm also curious as to how to mount a PWK 29S to a 348, reguarding manifold and airbox rubbers. The Amal MKII has to go!