Thinking Of Going Green?

sting32

Wow, 40 minutes of riding and 1 hour to charge.

How fantastic to have a zero emmissions race, no noise, no polotution - well apart from the paddock full of Generators running flat out trying to charge all the batteries up before the next race !!

well said steve, how is this bike better for the environment, the modern bikes are going fuel injected for better fuel economy and power, the generators that will be running are hardly tuned in the same way, part of my passion for bikes is the noise and smell, with out them i'd feel like a an ajile pensioner brain washed by the governments advisors that convise me im doing the right thing. in the greater scheme of things i guess that all off road bikes a yein brittan probably expell no more emissions than a ocean tanker transporting them here in one trip (dont quote me) so why not put the technology into clean energy like putting sails on the ships like they used to. i think the only people these bikes will benefit is learner riders and theifs who will find it easier to steal one,

I've said it before and i'll say it again. There was never a problem in burning fossil fuels until the planet slowly multiplied its population until it IS six times what it can sustain. Anyway I don't want to bang on about politics i am sure no one is interested until its all too late (which it is now). Electric bikes....????I'd rather ride a mountain bike....when that day arives i'm throwing it all in....but i'm sure some will say i am negative and green is the future...there is no future unless the planet has at least -4 times its population on it.

Too Late!

to late for what?

We were just having some luck at "population control". When the stupid president stepped in and started attaching names to the population control teams.

Electric is no better unless you use a wind charger (green wise). But they are quieter. I don't think they'll be "all that" until they put a clutch on them. And a speaker, then we can program our favorite two stroke bike sound into it.

Edited by paul_thistle

Don't Laugh, At my last event I got beat by an electric bike. I had 5 more points{stalled motor} than him. See he never gets a 5 for a stalled motor. Its an advantage for him. He charges his batteries while he is riding the next loop. he has two sets of batteries. all you hear is chain noise. the clutch thing is his next challange.