Looking To Buy A Rev3

unbalanced

Water pump section of clutch casings can corrode badly. I don't know why exactly, but I found mine was quite badly affected a few weeks ago. I managed to effect a repair with 'plastic metal' and this is holding up OK for now, but I would advise all Rev 3 owners to remove the water pump cover and inspect for damage. If the corrosion eats right through, the oil will be contaminated and a new casing is around

Edited by Betarev3

The water pump housing problems only happened on 04/05

models to my knowledge something to do with a bad batch

of castings,i would have thought that most of these bad

castings would have found there way to the bin by now!

Hi, water pump housings have troubles even on 08 bikes.

As long as Beta will have stock they will mount the bad ones.

It does not cost so much.

The problem seems to come from the fact that the magnesium (type of steel, sorry I don't know the term in english) is crappy and the coolant gnaws the casing.

I have unmount mine on a 05 model, the housing is bubbly, I don't know if it is the cast, or the wa it is made, but it seems fairly weak.

KR

J

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm looking at a 2001 Rev3 250. Is there anything from this age that I should keep an eye for?

The usual stuff is going to be linkages, bearings and top end wear. My old Zero's clutch used to bind engaged unless I put a tie wrap around the clutch lever when I stored it. Are there any things like this that fall into 'they all do that' category?

I want to be sure when a vendor says 'it will ride up with wear' that he's being straight!

Graham

Thanks fella,

Mains replacing? You make this sound like routine maintenance! I never replaced them on my 1992 zero in 3 years of solid action!

Seriously, should I expect this, or are they a known early-life failure that once done is OK unless you don't look after the bike? Is it a function of the very lean fuel:oil mix of modern bikes?

Graham