Welding

2shock

Hello

I've an eletronic ignition kit fitted to my TY and now need a small weld on the sidestand bracket.

To prevent damage do i need to disconnect everything, something or nothing??

I know i could just disconnect everything if i'm concerned, but am now curious having heard various opinions.

I seem to remember my brother pulling the power supply off his tractor's alternator before welding the plough attached to it!

Cheers

Assuming that you are electric arc welding of some kind and not Oxy- Acet welding, as Stork955 says - plus make sure that the earth clamp is attached close to the weld and that it is earthed onto a clean piece of metal.

Be careful not to set fire to anything too! :unsure:

hi,

Im a welder myself and to be perfectly honest with you you dont need to disconnect anything.Just make sure that your earth clamp is directly beside where you are welding so it cant travel through the rest of the bike.

Cheers Dougie

hi,

Im a welder myself and to be perfectly honest with you you dont need to disconnect anything.Just make sure that your earth clamp is directly beside where you are welding so it cant travel through the rest of the bike.

Cheers Dougie

You didnt watch long way down then - half the electics on the BMW's didnt work after electric welding.