Nice Here, Isn't It?

grahamjayzee

Morning all,

I can no longer ignore the stirrings deep within that insist that I once again spend my weekends up to my armpits in mud. I find I'm eating the skins of my jacket potatoes and scrubbing them less, I'm volunteering to help the current Mrs Jayzee with the gardening as long as I can fondle the mud, and seem to 'accidentally' trip and fall face first in the mud more often than is reasonable when I'm walking the dogs...

...it can only be the call of the observed section. The mud, it seems, is beckoning me back in!

So, who am I? I'm a 40+ bloke from the Cambridge, UK area that has never really grown up. I have been a motorcyclist since my early teens and own an Aprilia RSV that mostly gets used on the track. I commute on an old NTV650 that I love for no apprently good reason. It may be that it has bags of chgarachter and only cost me 150 quid. In my opinion, a machines greatness rise as it's cost to me falls!

I rode a lot of trials in my late 20s, early 30s but stopped when family pressures hit me. I kept my 1992 Beta Zero 260 for a number of years in the hope I would get time, but sold it in 2001. I actually got quite good but never really fancied the hard route. I won maybe 6 novice trials, which is something I'm proud of. I'm probably fitter now that I was then (I run a marathon a year) but far less 'bike agile' than I used to be.

I think I'm ready to return. Let's hope it's as triumphant as Led Zepellin's return and not as flaccid as the Sex Pistols...

Graham

I'm probably fitter now that I was then (I run a marathon a year) but far less 'bike agile' than I used to be.

A marathon a year? Pah! I do that!

Oh hang on a minute, you mean in one go, I was adding all the little bits up, like when I trip up, or it rains on the way to the pub...all in one go is much more impressive :huh:

Welcome back chap....it's a weird sport, it's always in the system, I had 16 years off, but always planned coming back at some point.

Hi Bikespace,

I didn't make that very clear did I? I think I'll leave it at that though, it sounds best...

Also, it's quite possible that you guys will meet me at a trial, and my bluff will be well and truly called when I turn out to be an 18 stone monopod!

Graham