Wheelie King

kinell

It's all throttle control. If you look at the slo-mo bits you can see his fine throttle control to keep it up. He hasn't got the strength in his fingers yet to do 1 finger on the brake. I think that day will come soon... then look out! As soon as he gets that I think it'll be a short time until he gets some 'Raga' moves. He's always done wheelies... since he was 3 years old, so at 7, he's now a bit of a veteran. His wheelies up until recently have been lower, accelerating wheelies but now, he's hanging it up there. His 95' was really on only his second day of wanting to go and try some long wheelies. 95' for him is the equivalent of over 150' on a big bike. Next time we go, I think he'll crack 100'. I'll try to have my video camera with me again!

I'm even more proud that he got second overall in the Colorado State adult Novice class this year. He was 1 series point off the overall win, which is an amazing achievement on a little bike with little wheels. 27 other riders took part, and Oliver missed some rounds while we were in the UK over the summer. At the final round he almost beat a USA ISDE team rider having her second competitive ride on a Gas Gas. He can hang with anyone on the technical stuff, but loses out on the loose climbs etc.

So, after a long winded answer... yes, it's all throttle control!

Ian the proud Daddy.

If Oliver's Dad looks at this forum or of someone else knows, please tell if Oliver is using the rear brake to help with balance or is it all throttle control?

Thanks

David

(yes my kid rides an OSET 16)

Hey David,

I'll ask Ian (Olivers dad) today. I am pretty sure it is trottle control. You should see some of this kid's technique for obstacles.... he is AMAZING! He has been watching trials since birth..... Some of the slow motion shots on osetbikes.com show just how much he emulates the top riders.

Regards,

-Judson

It's all throttle control. If you look at the slo-mo bits you can see his fine throttle control to keep it up. He hasn't got the strength in his fingers yet to do 1 finger on the brake. I think that day will come soon... then look out! As soon as he gets that I think it'll be a short time until he gets some 'Raga' moves. He's always done wheelies... since he was 3 years old, so at 7, he's now a bit of a veteran. His wheelies up until recently have been lower, accelerating wheelies but now, he's hanging it up there. His 95' was really on only his second day of wanting to go and try some long wheelies. 95' for him is the equivalent of over 150' on a big bike. Next time we go, I think he'll crack 100'. I'll try to have my video camera with me again!

I'm even more proud that he got second overall in the Colorado State adult Novice class this year. He was 1 series point off the overall win, which is an amazing achievement on a little bike with little wheels. 27 other riders took part, and Oliver missed some rounds while we were in the UK over the summer. At the final round he almost beat a USA ISDE team rider having her second competitive ride on a Gas Gas. He can hang with anyone on the technical stuff, but loses out on the loose climbs etc.

So, after a long winded answer... yes, it's all throttle control!

Ian the proud Daddy.

LOL, Ian beat me to it..... that will teach me to try and multitask.... Keep your camera handy Ian!!!

I have just bought my son an Oset 16 36volt today.... Watch youtube for footage after Father Christmas has delivered it to him.

Roll on December, I haven't been this excited since I was a child.

It looks a fantastic piece of kit, and I am sure that he will love it.

Andrew

• 9 months later...