Fatbar Coverters

shnaft

Hi,has anybody any input to using fat bar converters,i see apico do them to convert your 22mm bars to the 28mm clamp size.

this seems a cheap option compaired to changing the top yoke,i know the crosser guys use them just wondered if the were ok for trials bikes,cheers

Hello shnaft!

What model of trial bike do you have?

I used a V-Mar racing fat bars adaptors for a Montesa 315. I bought it from V-Mar Racing site. It was cheap, and it took 1 and 1/2 week to came from America to Azores.

Best Regards

Edited by RuiXina

I use the adaptors on a 2002 Sherco. They may not look as clean as a new top fork clamp but are hidden under a big pad anyway. They work well but add height to the bars. I used the Protaper adaptors. Factory Suzuki/ Ktm Protaper bars have a very low rise so the height ( and sweep) worked out to be the same as the Renthal trials bars that were on the bike. I like the fatbars because they are a little easier on the wrists and arms.

I use the adaptors on a 2002 Sherco. They may not look as clean as a new top fork clamp but are hidden under a big pad anyway. They work well but add height to the bars. I used the Protaper adaptors. Factory Suzuki/ Ktm Protaper bars have a very low rise so the height ( and sweep) worked out to be the same as the Renthal trials bars that were on the bike. I like the fatbars because they are a little easier on the wrists and arms.

Thanks for your reply,thats a good idea for the bars,cheers