2 Stroke Or 4rt

mattholmes

looking at getting a new bike around xmas time i only ride for fun will have around 3 grand to spend after some advice whether to get 08 beta rev 3 or a 05/06 montesa 4rt im currently riding a o6 rev 3 which i enjoy but cant make my mind up whether to make the jump to 4 stroke i think they may suit my riding style any advice welcome

thanks in advance

looking at getting a new bike around xmas time i only ride for fun will have around 3 grand to spend after some advice whether to get 08 beta rev 3 or a 05/06 montesa 4rt im currently riding a o6 rev 3 which i enjoy but cant make my mind up whether to make the jump to 4 stroke i think they may suit my riding style any advice welcome

thanks in advance

What about the Beta Rev 4T??

Beta are good but IMHO they all seem to have had anoying niggles, (at least up to 07). I must add that I have never owned one but have & do know a few people with them & spoken to countless others. By that I mean carbs mainly & silly little things like rear tyre rubbing through rubber boot thing near shock on compression, some people speak of other niggles but it probablly isnt fair to go on about these as most are only to be found on older bikes & were easily fixed (plus you have to consider how their owners might have treated their bikes). The Beta is a cheaper bike and for its price is probably better value. The Montesa is far better quality, the maintainance roughly levels out evenish in the end but in the best years of the bikes life the 4RT will be cheaper to run if nothing complicated goes wrong. I would go for the Montesa 4RT & then consider Scorpa 2T (if you don't mind older but never the less proven engines, it's well built too). Beta would be 3rd choice for me but I am not knocking them at all, its just my opinion and thats based on what I have observed from other owners.

must admit am tending to sway towards the beta rev4 they seem alot better priced than the mont and to be honest fingers crossed the rev 3 has never let me down with any of the problems reported by others so am fairly confident about build quality and i plan on upgrading bike every year so dont really have to worry about any long term problems , will have to test one and have a word with the local dealer

• 4 weeks later...