09 Gas Gas Clutch Seals

baldilocks

Glenn, hows the Gasser going mate? has it lunched the gearbox yet?

Looking at the results from the Richmond Trial on Sunday he must be having a problem getting it started & he's had to carry it through the sections.

Looking at the results from the Richmond Trial on Sunday he must be having a problem getting it started & he's had to carry it through the sections.

GIT ;)

The bike is good Justin but that was my third trial since Reeth in July, last time out was 5 weeks ago on a twinshock Bulto.

first lap 44 marks, section 5 "this is like a saturn 5 rocket fastened to a shopping trolly", Section 8 "anyone want to buy a Gas Gas"

last lap 33 marks including slack five (too knackered) actually this is alright.

now as Perce has taken the contents of my bladder( good line Ham2) on an international web site does that make him a world class p*55 taker ?

revenge will be mine..........

Edited by Baldilocks

We have put the larger master cylinder onto one of our bikes as well and it has worked out for the better. I am not sure why (leverage, piston sizes, etc) . My question is: do you have to purge all of the mineral oil out before using DOT 5 silicone or can you add it to the system and bleed the mineral oil out from the slave bleed nipple?

Spencer

Edited by TheGoat

We have put the larger master cylinder onto one of our bikes as well and it has worked out for the better. I am not sure why (leverage, piston sizes, etc) . My question is: do you have to purge all of the mineral oil out before using DOT 5 silicone or can you add it to the system and bleed the mineral oil out from the slave bleed nipple?

Spencer

Spencer,

I think it's best to completely clean out the system when converting to DOT-5 as the fluids are not compatable. When mixing DOT-3, 4, 5.1/DOT-5/ mineral oil fluids, you will usually end up with some pretty weird stuff floating around in your M/C reservoir that looks like sea monsters....

Jon

Spencer

Spencer can you explain what you mean by worked out for the better ?

is the clutch action faster or slower, is the clutch lighter or heavier to pull ?

I tried to fit the bigger cylinder last weekend but I was using a modified hose from a sherco and the bend at the clutch case end wasnt quite right so I couldnt get it to seal and had to take it off again for the trial.

this meant swapping from mineral to Dot 4 (couldnt get Dot 5 silicone at my corner car shop) and then back again. each time i just removed the hose and sucked most of the fluid out of the case with a syringe, then blew the rest out with an airline before rinsing it out again with brake cleaner. seems quicker to me than stripping the case off and didnt cause a problem.