Rs250 On Ebay

hondars250

Hi New to this forum, just like to warn anyone who is bidding or thinking of bidding on the so called original RS250 on ebay as far as I can tell the only things original is the frame and that looks dodgy, the forks and tank also the hubs. The frame looks like a Mike Whitlock one, could tell if had photo of head stock. hope this helps if someone thinks they are getting an original. When I sus this out I will post a photo of mine which is original 100% down to the rubber honda badge on the rear mud guard.

Thanks for reading hope this helps

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He emailed me and said it's a TLR engine and the previous owner still has the frame number tag and is trying to get it back!! I think the previous owner has had his trousers down. If you look at the rear mud guard frame were the loop used to be it seems very neat and tidy, and has a slight kick in it which is exactly the same as the Mick Whitlock frame.

And as for the RST250 he could have made it up just for fun??

Just for the record

The frame is definately 100% NOT made by Mick Whitlock,

It is an original Honda made RS250TF frame with the rear loop removed,the reason the rear looks like a Whitlock frame is

quite simple,it was trimmed back by Mick Whitlock, and it is a 250 frame not a 200, (there is a difference !)

And the seller who built the bike is not called Paul ?, but he was one of the best Grass Track riders of his era .

It looks like he built the bike based on a similar style /spec to the Yamamoto works bike in the Honda museum,

which ended up with a later motor in it. I dont know what you would call it, a RS special ,or works rep maybe ?

Please take this as fact as far as the frame is concerned !

Still not convinced the only way to clarify it would be to see a picture of the head stock. For the record I'm building a RS special based on the Yamamoto with a RTL engine in it not a TLR. The frame in question has no frame number plate with it so it all seems a bit sus to me and I would'nt touch it with a barge pole.

Also for the record everything I've said has come from Malcolm the seller with the exception of the frame but we will know what it really is when he posts the photo of the head stock.

I take it you sold him the frame to him or were with Mick Whitlock when it was altered then Mike?

Jim

I have had this frame in my hands prior to it being powder coated,

as you know I have a Whitlock made frame, and have owned several Honda made RS models 200 and 250

so do know the difference

I even know the frame no !

It starts RS250TF - 12??

Jim ,it is a genuine Honda made frame, with the rear loop removed.

Thanks for clearing that up Mike, though you did make it sound a bit like a witness statement! No further questions m'lud!

MartinM - did the guy actually say he was a trials ex-world champion? If fact he is non-specific on that point so it could be tiddlywinks and he would still be telling the truth!

Honda Pants - how rude! Some of us Southerner RS owners are nearly as straight as a donkey's hind leg!

Whatever the bike is, let's hope it operates as a proper trials bike and the new owner is happy with it .....