Rs250 On Ebay

hondars250

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for clearing that up Mike, though you did make it sound a bit like a witness statement! No further questions m'lud!

MartinM - did the guy actually say he was a trials ex-world champion? If fact he is non-specific on that point so it could be tiddlywinks and he would still be telling the truth!

Honda Pants - how rude! Some of us Southerner RS owners are nearly as straight as a donkey's hind leg!

Whatever the bike is, let's hope it operates as a proper trials bike and the new owner is happy with it .....

He was a Speedway pairs World Champion for 2 years running back in the 1970's....was talking to someone earlier in the week who knows all about the bike/owner.

Cheers

Martin

He was a Speedway pairs World Champion for 2 years running back in the 1970's....was talking to someone earlier in the week who knows all about the bike/owner.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for clearing that one up Martin, are speedway and trials close as sports discipines go I wonder? I woulnd't mind partnering Alexz Wigg in trials pairs, it may improve my results althouth Caia Sanz would be more interesting!

Cheers,

Jim

Cheers

Martin

So Martin,

Was I correct in my guess then? (not posted on here)

Big John

Cheers

Martin

Martin

You are correct about two years running, but three times in all, plus runner up in the individual once,

He has also to my knowledge, ridden trials since 1974,(Ossa) and I think before that.

Big John did he not build your 305 ? or am I mistaken ?

Mike

Big John did he not build your 305 ? or am I mistaken ?

Mike

Well I don't know if he actually built it, but I bought it from him.

I am about to unearth that very machine sometime soon from the 'batcave' and make the minor adjustments to it I planned some time ago. I am considering fitting a brand new set of Marzocchis to the front end, assuming the geometry is correct!

Big John

It does look good but I know its not original and when you look very closely you can see the tank is not original but a very good copy, and the foot rests seem to slant backwards and the seat does not fit correctly and I'm still waiting for a head stock picture to check the frame. If you would like a photo of a very good original one send me your email or explain how I can attach one here sorry I'm new to it so I have'nt got a clue.

Regards

Paul

It does look good but I know its not original and when you look very closely you can see the tank is not original but a very good copy, and the foot rests seem to slant backwards and the seat does not fit correctly and I'm still waiting for a head stock picture to check the frame. If you would like a photo of a very good original one send me your email or explain how I can attach one here sorry I'm new to it so I have'nt got a clue.

Regards

Paul

Paul

You seem to have a need to slag this bike off ?

First the frame was not original ,now its the tank,

sure the seat base needs trimming for length,then it would fit lower, the choice of rear fender has not helped.

but the frame apart from being cut off at the rear, IS original , as IS the tank .

If you read the sellers listing it does say original frame and also tank.

Can you tell us what you are looking for on the headstock ?

Mike Sorry you find my comments offensive, but when you read the discription it sounds as if your buying a GENUINE RST250?? never heard of one, but when in fact your buying a botched together bike. As for the tank it has rounded edges on the bottom, originals are seam welded. The seat swing arm brake pedal along with the flutes are all Mike Whitlock it just does'nt seem right and to cap it all it's a TLR engine. So whats the % originality I'd say 10% but if the frame is genuine 25% not a lot in my book.

I take it you are a friend of the seller, he said he would post a photo of the head stock but has not so far, you can tell from the head stock if it's a Whitlock or not. Also it has no frame number plate, anyone can make a number up I'm not saying this is but it has been done.

As I've said to other people I own 2 genuine RS250T's and I'm building a RS replica (Whitlock frame)special with a RTL engine.

So what is the bike for sale a cheap RS or very expensive TLR??

If you would like to see a genuine RS let me have your email and I will send you photos and then give me your comments or ask Beamish Owners he seen photos.

Sorry again but I don't like people being ripped off

Paul

Mike Sorry you find my comments offensive, but when you read the discription it sounds as if your buying a GENUINE RST250?? never heard of one, but when in fact your buying a botched together bike. As for the tank it has rounded edges on the bottom, originals are seam welded. The seat swing arm brake pedal along with the flutes are all Mike Whitlock it just does'nt seem right and to cap it all it's a TLR engine. So whats the % originality I'd say 10% but if the frame is genuine 25% not a lot in my book.

I take it you are a friend of the seller, he said he would post a photo of the head stock but has not so far, you can tell from the head stock if it's a Whitlock or not. Also it has no frame number plate, anyone can make a number up I'm not saying this is but it has been done.

As I've said to other people I own 2 genuine RS250T's and I'm building a RS replica (Whitlock frame)special with a RTL engine.

So what is the bike for sale a cheap RS or very expensive TLR??

If you would like to see a genuine RS let me have your email and I will send you photos and then give me your comments or ask Beamish Owners he seen photos.

Sorry again but I don't like people being ripped off

Paul

Hi Paul

only offensive, in as much as as some are untrue,

If you read the listing carefully the seller states what is original, OK he does not say what is replica,

Surely finished bike is no more botched together, than what your replica will be ,true, it is built from Honda parts,

some original to an RS,some not.

But what parts are you using on your Yamamto replica,a RTL motor,so will your bike not be similar ?

I know mine will be !

The hard fact is some RS parts are hard to get.especialy motors.

I have previously stated here that the frame is Honda,so is the tank,you seem intent on stating they are not,

purely based on a photo,I have had both items in my hands !

And somebody must have taken the chassis plate off,to get the frame painted ?

that person was ME, so am I a liar?

at least he did not call it an RS250t ?

RST250 well that cant be genuine can it ?

What should he have called it,it is an RS250t frame ?

If you put a RTL motor in a seeley,is the bike no longer a seeley ?

As for needing to see a genuine original RS250t,well I only have to go into my workshop

As for comparing the headstock,with a Whitlock one, I think you have the bigger headstock one ,dont you ?

there is a smaller one that is identical to original. so perhaps thats not the place to look.

Mike

Mike

Obviously a sore point.

My replica will be exactly that a replica, but it will not be botched as everything will fit and look correct.

And I would like to know whats untrue because I've stated what is true and what is unsure with the bike.

If you have a RS250t you will know what the parts are like, like the tank and the head stock etc

I'm not calling you a liar but the most important part of the frame/bike is missing strange?

Why call it a RST250 it only leads the potential buyers astray who don't know as much as we do and they think they are getting something they're not!

As for the Whitlock head stock I will be able to tell if it's genuine or not. It does'nt matter whats been done to it.

But all this aside, is something like this honest to the buyer I would say NO.

All I can say is I'm an honest seller/buyer and would not try to jupe anyone if you buy a bike off me you get the full story down to the last nut and bolt.

Paul

Mike

Obviously a sore point.

My replica will be exactly that a replica, but it will not be botched as everything will fit and look correct.

And I would like to know whats untrue because I've stated what is true and what is unsure with the bike.

If you have a RS250t you will know what the parts are like, like the tank and the head stock etc

I'm not calling you a liar but the most important part of the frame/bike is missing strange?

Why call it a RST250 it only leads the potential buyers astray who don't know as much as we do and they think they are getting something they're not!

As for the Whitlock head stock I will be able to tell if it's genuine or not. It does'nt matter whats been done to it.

But all this aside, is something like this honest to the buyer I would say NO.

All I can say is I'm an honest seller/buyer and would not try to jupe anyone if you buy a bike off me you get the full story down to the last nut and bolt.

Paul

Paul

( sore point ),you are calling me a liar

You have stated the frame and tank are not Honda made,how come you are 100% sure from a photo ?

send me you email addess,and I will send you a picture of the frame before it was repaired and painted,

with the chassis plate still attached.

As for the most important part of the bike being missing,I take it you are refering to the chassis plate ?,

NO not missing,just not fixed to the bike when the pictures where taken .

OK the seller could have gone into more detail about what components the bike has,

But he has been truthfull about the genuine parts.

I do not know why he called it a RST. He built it so I guess he can call what ever he likes ?

What should he have called the bike then ?

There was another poster on this forum,that run the bike down,presumably to discourage bidders,

then suprise suprise ,guess who bidder three is ??????????