The Best Sherco!

Guest sherco dude

what year is the best sherco?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. what year is the best sherco?

Interestingly enough I guess the 2004 will be the one with the most development, won't it? Why would someone prefer any other year?

Maybe not actually. Some people may prefere the 1999 because of the differences on the 2004, if you know what I mean.

Like some people prefere Vintage trials to the more modern machines.

I cant really quote on the 'quality' but going on the looks, the 2003 does it for me.

HRC

You should vote for the one that given the competition of the year, how the bike performed in it's year and lasted for you. Don't vote for 2004 because it is the newest and should be the best.

PA :santa1:

The 2002 ran real well in slow sections if you changed the countershaft sprocket. You bought one with 1 less tooth and it felt just like the 2001.

I like the 2004 better than the 01,02, and 03. The 04 engine is stroger and the suspension is much better.

Wayne

Merry Christmas to one and all. (Is that OK to say?)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest olly_sherco

I have been riding Shercos for 3 years now. I had a 125 2002, 250 2003 and another 250 in 2004. I also had the 99 bultaco when I was a lot younger.

The 2004 is by far the better bike. Me and my dad spent days really going through it, tweaking the setup and now we have got it set up absolutley perfect, by far better then when we first got it and again by far better then the others.

The 2003 model would be my second choice. Again my dad set it up spot on and we also had it sleeved down to a 200. After we sleeved it I instantly started to win most of the trials again like I did before I got the 03 (results went major down at first) It gripped like there was no tomorrow and we had it going up places you wouldnt believe.

The 2002 was a gooden but I went through a phase of not wanting to ride, which completly shattered my results and cost me years of hard work. Only recently since then have I started getting back to winning.

So yeah, the 2004. It looks great and rides great when set up well.