A Few Question's

r0b

Hello All,

Hope you can help.

I have always been interested in off - road bikes, motorcross,trial's and quad's.

Now here comes the question's,

Before I decide to take up Trial riding as another hobby/sport I want to actually give it ago pre spending my cash, I don't want to lay out my money for something that I aint going to take to.

Is there anywhere that does taster session's? So you can give it a try before you buy sort of thing. I have seen the demo day's where you can have a go on a new set of bikes etc, however with that I will need to buy safety equipment but as i previously said it then costs me money. I have seen places where you can have a motorcross experience and quad experience where all the gear is laid on but nothing for trials.

As I am looking at getting into it in the future is there a site where I can look at that will give me knowledge and understanding of trial riding, like the points scoring and stuff like that, I would rather read up on the sport than post a thousand topic's on here to ask you.

Thanks

Oh and them new 2009 Gassers look nice to.

Would either look on here or tmx in events for a trial thats local to you and go have a look and talk to people, riders and observers to get some sort of feel for it. Never know someone might let you have a go for ten mins or so. Most trials riders tend to be a friendly bunch.

Yeah I am looking for some in North West I believe there is one in Buxton and Macclesfield.

I am hoping to go to the Sheffield Indoor trials, but this might paint a different picture, I am not sure.

Them places to rent bikes are quite away from me, going down to local trials will probably be the best then.Thanks for the reply's.

Ello Rob, I Live in chesterfield and ride at Buxton mostly which shouldnt be far away from you. your welcome to come along and have a good crack on my bike (2008 GasGas 300). Plus I can show you where to ride and answer any questions you might have. I ride every sunday, let me know what you think.

All the best

Tom

Trialendurodirect.com is a good one, its Basically GasGasUK the importer for all GasGas bikes. they are based just outside buxton, they sell all things GasGas and alot of other stuff too.

drop me an e.mail about sunday to HornyHondaHornet@aol.com

Tom

Hi Rob

Don't ride myself, but am involved and, like you, am also in the Manchester area. If you're looking to start and want to ride around Buxton/Macc., then have a look at the following:

http://www.manchester17.org.uk/ http://www.macctrials.org.uk/ http://www.ndymcc.co.uk/

All good clubs and good people not far from you. Other clubs are available ;)

NDYMCC have a trial at Victory Quarry, just north of Buxton on 7th December. The next Macc trial is at Rough Hey Quarry (a few miles south of Macc on the Leek road) on 14th December and Man17 have their Boxing Day Madness on - well, you can probably work that one out