Brian Fowler Trial

lingo75

Hi Mick

Thanks for asking, i didnt even start! i'm afraid i underestimated the term "national novice"!! reading more into the novice bit!

I got sent to start at section 7 which was over some pretty big rocks straight away and that is just to far from my ability at the moment, didnt want to ding the bike or brake my leg! I did go and do 10 though and got through it with a good 3 (not a constant peddlar!) which i was pleased with. No rocks there! I have never ridden on them before being from the Surrey Hants border

It was a great trial to watch though, i watched Alex Wigg (i think judging by the stickers on his bike and helmet - number 100 not in the program was he a late entry?) go up your section very impressivley and he did the almost impossible (to me!) on sections 7 & 8.

I must say having spoken to lots of people there, most said that it was very hard and could have done with another route for "normal blues" and twin shocks leaving the other ones as "local Experts" and "experts" or something along those lines.

I'll get there - gotta get better in the mud and rocks, i was doing great in the summer and even won (my class) one!

Yea i do the red/novice route myself but would not have come close to those sections.

If you are ever looking for a ride in the general area then always check Normandy www.normandymcc.co.uk we have a club trial this Saturday or the Thames Valley combine www.thamesvalleytrials.co.uk (I do the website), they are at an easier level.

Mick

Cheers Mick, always up for doing any extra ones to the Alton and North hants i normally do. My Dad used to be in Witley club many moons ago i think - you may know him, most people round our way that have had bikes do!! - Dave Campling?

The Normandy Trial on saturday says 'closed to club' on the website, does that mean i cant ride? I am a memmber of North Hants and Alton and in the ACU, plus if normandy put on a few trials over the year i may well look to join - if that helps!!

Ta for all the info

Dan Campling

Results and photos from the Brian Fowler National available from http://www.worthingtrialsclub.com/_sgg/m3_1.htm

When you see how few marks the top boys lost you can see why the National trials have to be hard! It's the only one the club does all year.

I can back Mick up on the Normandy and Thames Valley Trials Combine endorsement, I ride both as a lowe level than Mick and they always put on superb events.

Yes i realise that (especially having seen the scores1), just got myself in out of my depth - all experience though. ALexz Wigg was class!

It was a great trial. I have just been looking at the TVTC websites (witleys is very impressive - and i am a web designer by profession!) seem to be lots of good club trials think i will deffo join next year.

Just so im clear is the Sportsmans route one down from Novice?

I'll put some videos of teh Fowler on you tube tommorow!

I know it's brilliant - we have great crop coming through to tae over from Dougie and challenge the Spaniards - Bring on the Des Nations!

Aargh, they really should allow motor sports in the olympics! Hang on a motor sport olympics, thats a great idea - watch this space ha ha!

Yes i realise that (especially having seen the scores1), just got myself in out of my depth - all experience though. ALexz Wigg was class!

It was a great trial. I have just been looking at the TVTC websites (witleys is very impressive - and i am a web designer by profession!) seem to be lots of good club trials think i will deffo join next year.

Just so im clear is the Sportsmans route one down from Novice?

I'll put some videos of teh Fowler on you tube tommorow!

Hi Lingo, If you want to come along and ride no problem.

The Sportsmans ride the red route same as the novices but just prefer to ride an easier route than the Blue (If that make sense!) So there is a Novice and Sportsman class but they both ride the same route.

Mick