Any Info On The New 05 Scorpa's

luke

Cheers Vinnie.

Get them extentions done on the bash plate ASAP, I've had some right good wack's on mine.

I ride alot of stream venues and on one of the most recent trials the side extention of the bash plate took a hell of a knock, I'll post a pic of the battle scar's in the morning :o

I was happy to score 5,1,0 on this step in last weeks club trial, the little bugger struggles to pull taller gears for this type of section and the sections where it is at it's best, nadgery streams, we don't ride very often.

I would of pizzed the step all three times on my 2.9 and looking at my years results it isn't hard to see when I started riding the bike.

The Scorpa 125 is a lot of fun to ride and I've given it a fair shot but will be glad when new bike gets here.

post-10-1099065901.jpg

125, it runs good and the two that I have seen with the bog bore kit may have had a little more beans but didn't run has sweet, I think it is what it is, and it's good for what it is.

The best thing they could do is make the bugger a grand cheaper and sell more as an entry level bike.

I have done some bits and pieces to her including remove the 4 restrictors from back pipe...

Vinnie,

Do you have the SY175? Even owning one, some of the details as to the changes made from the 125 are sketchy. I was not sure if the 175 still had the restrictors or not.

Once you dissassembled the silencer, and removed the perforated tube, were you able to modify it to pull out the restrictors, or did you just get one of the replacement tubes?

Ishy has hit it on the head, my 125 is a really good novice/clubman bike but if your intentions are for the expert route the little Scorpa hasn't really got that low down instant zip you need to get up some of the bigger steps etc.

I'm looking at buying another two stroke 250 next year just cause I fancy riding the expert route again, I'll be keeping the little 125 to do the ACU classic rounds here in the UK (aircooled mono class)

As for the exhaust mod, I guess the 175 tail pipe is the same as my 125, I just drilled the pop rivits out and popped the end cap off, pull the perforated tube out and grind out the restricters (or replace the tube if you can get hold of one) dropped it back put the wadding back in and rivited it back up.

Sounds better, and it is meant to help it 'breath' better :D

I have done some bits and pieces to her including remove the 4 restrictors from back pipe...

Vinnie,

Do you have the SY175? Even owning one, some of the details as to the changes made from the 125 are sketchy. I was not sure if the 175 still had the restrictors or not.

Once you dissassembled the silencer, and removed the perforated tube, were you able to modify it to pull out the restrictors, or did you just get one of the replacement tubes?

I have the 175 Race personally i think it has more power than the 125 with 143 conversion having ridden both in competition.

STUHRC is one of or top riders here in padyland and he put it through its paces a few weeks ago he was impressed

She has different forks to 125 and seems to handel much better, exactly why i am not sure

There was an 175 in the scott ridden buy, i think James from crosswaiths he was impressive to watch, dont know wheather he finished or what happened

There were 4 restrictors in the back pipe easy to get rid of, following the instructions from this B Board a while back

• 2 weeks later...
the new "works" 4t for the world rounds...

Bit slow of the mark there r2w, the Scorpa "thing" has already been mentioned here

But what about some infomation on the 4T then?

I sent an email to Scorpa asking about the 4T. I tried to be clever and use a language tool to translate the text in to French, I don't think it worked to well because I was asked to use English as the email made no sense, that's why the question starts of a bit strange.

Here's the question:

Ok, sorry! I was asking what plans you have for a 4 Stroke machine. I own an 2003 SY250 and would like to know if you intend to release a 4 Stroke in the near future. Thanks

I received this reply:

Dear Mark,

Actually we are working on a 250 4 stroke with YAMAHA engine, it will be ok for summer 2005.

This bike will be totally new.

This bike will be launch at the Trial GP 2005 in France (in Ales in the SCORPA garden).

Best regards

Jean-Marc AUTHEMAN

May see a Scorpa 4T in June then?

May see a Scorpa 4T in June then?

Yes!! I was talking to Jean-Marc about both the 4tricks and the 250-4t trials when I was at the factory in September. The day before I was at the factory Jose-Manual Alcaraz(??) was at the factory testing the final prototype of the 250-4t trials bike (at Ales' - the world round venue).

The 4tricks was a new little bike they were intersted in selling - I believe they should be getting close to being available. It runs a 90cc auto (like from a fast50) has the fuel in the main frame, trials pushbike wheels, marzochii pushy suspension and mtb disc brakes.

I think it was just something extra for Scorpa to branch out in to - it seemed they were not interested in going the enduro bike route of GasGas/Sherco/Beta.

I think the one of the most interesting points about Scorpa is that they take the time to respond to queeries. I have, on a few occasions, sent emails with questions etc and I have always got a response. I jsut think it shows good customer based skills from a manufaturer. I have never contacted any other company but I do wonder if they all have the same attitude?