10 Year Old Trialers Dad Dies, Lets Help

lee harris

I just read a post in our forum here in germany about a 10 year old in austria. He had learnt to ride during 2008 with his dad using a beta which beta germany had lent to his club. At the end of this year, beta wanted to sell the bike and his dad had more or less commited to buy it for him.

Then his dad dies of a heart attack aged 40! I dont know the kid or the family but obviously buying a 3500 euro trials bike is no longer possible for his mum.

A guy on our fourum asked if anyone had bits that could be made up into a bike of sorts and the response has been great. My mate pit donatted a 20 inch trials cycle, another guy boots helmet etc. A dealer will send a new set of gloves.

Then the guy reporting this said event set up a bank account to take donations.

email me on lee.harris<at> freenet.de and I will send an international bank account (IBAN and BIC) code to them. We have 1500 memebers on our german forum so if everybody were to donate 5 euros each which is less than 4 quid, we can maybe get him a mechatechno or summit!

If you guys chip in, who knows, maybe a real trials bike!

Anyboy got a beta rev50 going cheap.

This is not a joke and it is christmas. Think how a 10 year old will feel without his dad.

Go to www.trialsforum.de

look under news

for kleiner trial in not...that means small trials rider in trouble.

get your wallets out

Andy please dont delete this

Lee Harris

Here is a bad translation from the internet of the guys first post.

"""I am what can move not quite sure of my thing with this call whether I.

I simply try it since on this way the Trialforum is really a 100 per cent cool thing ..

Following facts into shortened form:

We were the beta action also at with one to be allowed to beta REV 50 take part in the happy situation this year.

The moped would be actually 10-year been as well as sold to the end of the season to a young Trialsportinfizierten in October.

The father of this 10-year up-and-coming talent dies completely unexpectedly of a heart attack with 40 years.

The woman sits there with two little children in the newly built house, now (10 and 5 years oldly) of course which is etc. not free of debts and immediately.

Everybody can imagine the rest of the drama.

Therefore I wanted to interview you here a Trial moped knows for little money whether not anyone.

(e.g. an old Mecatecno Alevin) is or Trialer at all unite with 50 or 80 cc, where suitable for a 10-year-old boy.

Yes, perhaps somebody has an idea like one can help this boy regarding the Trialerei?

The one perhaps has one frame with wheels rum couches, the different one bunkered an engine in the cellar, what I know, so on the take perhaps still.

I know this to this give what to nobody has but you can not imagine at all like little Stefan at the end is.

Hi Lee, I feel for the lad losing his dad so young, I lost my father xmas eve 2 yrs ago and I am 45. What you and others must think of is not just the bike but the commitment. Can mum get to the trials regularly etc etc. Their world will be turned upside down and trials will be the last thing on their minds at present. This may be the thing that makes him grow up quickly, not always a bad thing. When the dust has settled and he thinks he is the new Dougie Lampkin and mum is commited maybe you will see some support. Good luck. :thumbup:

Hi Bo, I made a mistake he is in germany in allgau and not in austria. He lives less than 2km from a club practice area and sherco 2.9, thats the guy who posted his plight, is willing to take the lad along any weekend he can.

I havent got the bank details yet but I will get em!

Where are those bike offers!!!!

Wheres yer money!

lee