Riding On The Road

chubs

hi as the title say's really...is it legal to ride on the road standing on the pegs (trials bike)or do you need to fit a seat im not doing long distance just around a 3 minute to the practice grounds.i would of thought it aint allowed but ill check with you guy's first

chubs, if its only 3 mins sit on the mudguard instead, more important is your bike taxed,registered,insured and and got plates? good chance you will get pulled over if the Police see you out on the bike anyway so make sure your as legal as possible.

Edited by The Addict

thanks for the responce everyone.bikes taxed and tested but not yet insured as i only got it today just thought i would rather ride it to the grounds than pay for van rental.i expect i'll have some fun on ,monday getting insurance though.thanks again lads

Edited by chubs

Long time ago, during the late seventies, I was taking my bike test on a Honda TL 125.

Part of the test then, involved riding alongside the examiner whilst he walked slowly along the pavement.

As a poorly prepared youth, my Honda was not realy very suitable for road riding, both the front levers were very awkward to reach whilst sitting down and steering wasn't a strong point.

I asked the examiner if I could stand up for this part of the test. Rather taken aback, he grunted his approval and I crawled along the road next to him in perfect control !!!!

As I duly passed the test, I can only assume that at the time this was not seen as "against the rules".

Dozens of bikes later, I wish I still had that old Honda. God knows why, it wasn't much good at anything but it provided hours of harmless entertainment in our local woods.

Happy days.

Long time ago, during the late seventies, I was taking my bike test

i remember taking my bike test like this! what a laugh! the examiner set you off from a pub car park on a left hand circuit, watched you out of the car park and up the road to the first left, then ran down the car park and through a passage way just in time to see you disappear around the last left, the ran all the back to the top of the carpark! then did the same thing on the right hand circuit! by the end of the test he was knackered !

glad i passed my test then, not sure if i could pass now.