Rattling Good Sherco

shercosi

Hi everyone hope the christmas cheer :hyper: hasn't affected to many brains but l need help with a problem on my 03 290 sherco which l have owned from new.

The offending noise starts at about 1/4 throttle and increases in pitch as the revs rise. Best way l can describe it is like a loose bracket vibrating but sound like it starts in the bottom end and travels up into the top end as the revs increase.

Over the last couple of mornings while the wife is having a lie in l have had the bike up on the lift and pulled her down top end off to check every thing in there and all is good. I have also had clutch casing off and clutch in bits only thing found was some side to side movment on the basket to sprocket that it mounts to not sure if there shoud be play checked centre bearing seems tobe perfect. Also been round bike with spanners to check everyting but cannot find any loose fasteners.

Having already spent a lot of money on it hopeing to shed some light on the problem

Work already done march 08

new engine mains and seals and water pump bearing and seal

rebore and replate by stan stevens with genuine pistion kit

The bike runs sweet other than this rattle which has only recently started and has been well looked after so do we think let it develop or does any one have any good ideas.

Cheers

I am totally unsure because I cannot hear it, but are you sure it is not the ping(pink)ing going on?

In my '03 bike I ran the 33 pilot jet, later in the '05 I ran the 35, and even though I ran the '07 on the 36, the noise in the range you are referring to(1/8-1/2)light load as on the loop, would not go away, till I finally went to the #38.

I attribute most this to fuel issues, yet here, seems the alcohol induced(oxigenated) fuel is about all we can get! :hyper:

Give us more info on the noise.

What sort of noise is it ? tinkle knock etc

What volume ? loud background etc

Is the bike moving or just fast idling on the spot ? with movement do's the noise happen in all gears etc.

What about clutch plate movement? Do's light revs to induce the noise affect it if you pull the clutch in?