Re-packing 'zorst

nicks_tr34

Taken all the old wadding out of my middle box and re-opened the perforated holes in the inner pipe (they were all coked up - essentially making it a straight through!!) anyway, my question is this:-

When I get the new wadding, how densely do I shove it in?? To my mind if I do it too dense, then the cases/sound won't penetrate into it. My concern is the stuff that came out seemed quite densely wedged in ... perhaps that is just where it was all stuck together coz of the 2stroke/coke?

Is there any advantage to just putting it in like you would say hamster bedding?

pack it in.. dont use a drift to squeeze every last bit in but it should be firm

Its done now ... I shoved it in as hard as I could by finger ... its a mid-box I was doing, therefore I had to access it by cutting a hole in the side. I have re-sealed it with a riveted plate - I also slapped lots of gasket silicon around the join to try and seal it ... once it has all dried off I can see if it has been a success!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice.

Nicks_TR34 Posted Today, 10:40 AM

QUOTE (totalshell @ Jan 1 2009, 08:38 PM) *

pack it in.. dont use a drift to squeeze every last bit in but it should be firm

Its done now ... I shoved it in as hard as I could by finger ... its a mid-box I was doing, therefore I had to access it by cutting a hole in the side. I have re-sealed it with a riveted plate - I also slapped lots of gasket silicon around the join to try and seal it ... once it has all dried off I can see if it has been a success!! smile.gif

Thanks for the advice.

OH MY there are a staggering number of jokes available for that post. Most involving fingers and boxes.

B):rolleyes:

copemech Posted Yesterday, 09:13 PM

QUOTE (ZIPPY @ Jan 2 2009, 07:06 PM) *

OH MY there are a staggering number of jokes available for that post. Most involving fingers and boxes.

ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

Zippy, purveyor of packing! rolleyes.gif

Mackinaw Island Fudge?

:thumbup:

OK this is really going in a bad direction.