Sherco, Should I Or No?

vasey15

I'm just getting in to trials after a long break away. I've just had a rev3 270cc 04', however i fancy a change to a sherco probably 06'/07' model 290cc. Just wanted to know if anybody has had problems or knows anything i should look out for when i go to see one? cheers.

I think the rear shock on the '06 gave more problems than anything, due to leaking oil.

As compared to a Bets, the rear linkage must be kept up, you know.

The '07 had a bit lower pegs, adding to stability a bit, but to someone like NoJive, makes little difference!

My early '07 has been a treat, and two years on, I have no actual reason to replace it, as it is well massaged and tuned for me. :thumbup:

I put lower pegs and set back slightly. Also put on fat bars. No not fat chicks Copey, dont get all excited.

Well, I did carry over the J-pegs as well, just to add to even the '07! Feel really good!

I did forget to mention the '07 came with the Fatbars, which have been good I think!

Pity you changed, as I have this beautiful set ov Blue Renthal's that I can no longer use, new in the bag! I was just waiting for you to have a really good crash!

I spent last year's money doing the rims to red! And although I have not done a lot of comps this year, mainly due to the other stuff as you might notice !

0h............, the airplane project has taken its toll in time and money!

Cannot believe your shock has held this far? :thumbup:

Get an 07 if you can afford it - for the bars.

They seem reliable even when used a lot.

I have not heard about any particular problem.

They need just normal maintenance, as said, including the rear suspension.

You can't repack the silencer and new plastics could be cheaper.

Buy a spare air filter for a quick swap over.

Tons of power!

Morning Vasey15, I've got the 07 290 and had it from new. Think some of the early 06 bikes had frames that cracked across the brace under the headstock. If you keep to an 07 then they had been modded so should be ok. The 07 had a better rear shock as well which can be adjusted for damping/rebound.

Make sure the rear suspension has no freeplay or clunking when you lift up the rear of the bike. If it has then it is it will need new bearings and the shock bushes replacing. Total cost about

Edited by John.B