Practise Areas In Sheffield?

judyf

just wondered if and where people go and practise in the sheffield area? as the few that i did go to are now no longer available or the guy who owns its wants about a grand a year just to go on a saturday! if someone could help me out please. many thanks.

Im assuming your talking about eden fields?

I live in chesterfield and have a shop in sheffield and I practice mostly at Hawks Nest in Buxton and at Burycliffe Quarry outside Elton near matlock. sometimes make the trip down to earl shilton near leicester.

you used to be able to go to Pindale Quarry but its now a site of scientific interest =(

Where abouts in sheffield do you live?

All the best

Tom

Can ya go there again? and where do ya pay? etc.

Only members of can use the venue at Burrycliffe. You need to get in touch with Dave Glover (sorry don't have contact details); I spoke to him at the BSSA trial at the weekend and he tells me there is a waiting list for new members as I too am refusng to pay the robbin' b****rd who now owns Eadens Fields. I only live 5 mins from Eadens and it will still be cheaper to trapes to Hawks Nest than pay

yeah im not far from edans, not worth 400quid. so there int really anywhere then. use to go up parkwood springs in sheff a few years ago. but thats mega dodgy! burnt out cars everywhere. so burrycliffe is a no go then? as is pindale?

I started riding about 14 months ago and I got in touch with dave glover, spoke to Cath, I said that I used to ride there (which I did briefly before my bike was stolen) and used to pay Micks mum down in the village. She found me a place even though they had exceeded their maximum, give it a go, she may say yes. Edens is silly money, does he let people on any other day than saturday? I would consider it because its not far from my shop and I could get some extra practice in.

All the best

Tom

i will give it go! the guy at edans will let you on it everyday! (if ya pay him the 400quid) im not sure his name or number, but if you give judy farrer a ring on 01246 414022, she will know as the sheff and hallam club use edans. Thanks for the replys.

so burrycliffe is a no go then? as is pindale?

Pindale is a definate No No. S&H used to use it in the Peak Trial but have had to give it up. The Guy who owns Eadens is called Grant Kangley and his mobile is posted on the gate at Eadens...