Fantic 200

ruger1586

//

Thanks totalshell & Lee,

The job doesn't seem quite so bad now. Work has got in the way lately, so when I get a minute I'll sweep the shed out and get to doing the Fantic.

Bye the way does anyone know where to get a repair manual?? (I WILL find one usefull!! lol)

One other thing,...exhausts....I read about people cutting them open and repacking them?etc?? Not sure I know what thats all about....but I do know that the fantic needs an end can....where do I get one from?? Obviously a used one could be as rubbish as the one I have, does anyone make replacement end cans for trials bikes????

Andy.

well a manual of sorts is available on /via bob wrights site i think ( 4 pages) whip the front pipe off and fill it with diesel or unleaded and let it stand for as long as you can then wash out with more juice. as for the end can. get a WES for 60 - 80 quid ( available new) dont bother wasting time buying 'stuffing' and than haveing to cut and weld your old box unless you have the stuff lying about and can weld very well..

well a manual of sorts is available on /via bob wrights site i think ( 4 pages) whip the front pipe off and fill it with diesel or unleaded and let it stand for as long as you can then wash out with more juice. as for the end can. get a WES for 60 - 80 quid ( available new) dont bother wasting time buying 'stuffing' and than haveing to cut and weld your old box unless you have the stuff lying about and can weld very well..

Yep!

Thanks for your help re: tap. I ain't looked at it for a while but think the tank has a hexagon shaped recess and the nut on the tap just pushes into it on mine,i.e it's not held captive by the plastic. Inside the tank there is NO nut at all (mind you it'd be hard to fit it on the tap's thread anyway given the lack of room...). Seems like either bits missing or the tank/tap junction is buggered. May see about having a threaded collar inserted (or a cheap 2nd hand tank! )