Fantic 240 Top Yoke

elliedog

Just bought a 240 and from various sources can assume that fitting a 200 top yoke (if you can find one) is a vast improvement. Has anyone tried modifying the original 240 yoke by machining off the handlebar mounts and replacing them with a modern MX type handlebar clamp? KTM type looks as if it might do the job. Not too sure what effect drilling two more holes in the yoke would have on its long term durability and my own well being!

After collecting and moving on several 200 top yokes, i am now left with 5 bottom yokes. The hole in the middle is too big as the shaft is bogger in dia at the botoom so i will get some sleves made. Also I need to weld the hole on one side that was used for the brake cable. Once done, i will fit APICO single bolt fat bar mounts and away we go.

right Spud?

Lee

After collecting and moving on several 200 top yokes, i am now left with 5 bottom yokes. The hole in the middle is too big as the shaft is bogger in dia at the botoom so i will get some sleves made. Also I need to weld the hole on one side that was used for the brake cable. Once done, i will fit APICO single bolt fat bar mounts and away we go.

right Spud?

Lee

Sounds good to me lee :thumbup: ....i was just reading elliedog orginal post and he mentioned KTM. i've a set of fat bar clamps off my ktm in my garage which are not in use, now where did i leave that tape measure? B)

Spud, when you find the tape measure can you let me know if you think it's a goer. Was just looking at various clamps on fleebay and the Katoom ones looked about right.

Offing up the 08 KTM clamps to my Fantic yokes its defo possibility. I did measure the fat bars (handlebar diameter) on my KTM and they came in a 391mm round. My scorpa sy, which has trials fat bars also came in at 391mm round. The original fantic mounts would have to be removed (machined flush) and then two holes drilled throw to yoke to mount the KTM clamps. I would consider fitting the clamps myself but i don't have the tools to machine the top yoke. I've taken a photo of KTM clamps which maybe of use.....let me know if you go for it.

post-786-1231692993.jpg