How To Remove The Front Light?

lennie

Lennie

This is what I was told to do by Lampkins and it worked for me (novice route electrician).

Get yourself a decent Yamaha type kill switch - lots of posts on that in Beta.

Take off the cover on the right hand side of the headstock pull all the wires out and if you pull apart all the connectors and remove headlight and switch unit you should be left with two yellow and one black from the bike.

Connect the yellows to each other (so your fan works) and tape up.

Feed in your kill switch wires and connect one to the black; tape up.

The other lead of your kill switch will need a ring terminal on it and connecting to ground using the upper bolt holding on the coil; I think there's another ring terminal that goes on there, so ensure you don't miss that when you add your ring. It's all a bit fiddly, but not bad at all.

Keep as much length on the kill switch wire as you can as, with the fat bars preventing a central mounting, your switch will need to go up by the levers.

Cheers

Ferg

Thats spot on. Its well worth pulling the rest of the redundant wiring to rear light out also.

The RM killswitch from Apico comes with a ring terminal on ready so you just need replace the bullet connector from the switch with a spade to match the black wire.

If your careful you can just get a small black tie wrap through the lugs of the switch and discard the metal clips which lets you central mount on the fat bars. nice neat job and a half kilo of plastic , wiring and dodgy switch removed .