Montesa-honda Team For 09

rich delaney

Here is the Honda 2009 Motorcycle Racing Plan for Trials, no mention of Laia being the team;

http://world.honda.com/news/2009/c090127Mo...e-Racing-Plans/

♦ FIM World Trials Championship Series

For the FIM World Trials Championship Series (WCT), Honda will run two Montesa COTA 4RTs equipped with highly competitive 4-stroke engines. With riders Toni Bou, champion for the last two years, and Takahisa Fujinami, the only Japanese rider competing in the WCT, Honda aims to capture the rider

Takahisa Fujinami, the only Japanese rider competing in the WCT,

Japan had a few good riders in the mix not long back, jobs getting worse not better.

I think top placed domestic national champions qualifying for a three day world championship week would make for a more sensible situation.

Trials is an amateur sport with a few professional players retained by a large company the others can't compete with, what point is there banking yourself trying to keep up.

In thirty three years of world trials championship's it hasn't been able to win Joe public over enough to make a go of it, in fact it's receding, wouldn't it make more sense to cater for the true follower of the sport rather than ego.

I think they changed the rules again so laia can ride junior again.

That's a sensible enough decision. She isn't capable at riding the WTC and the women's is to easy and not much of a challenge to her. I would be extremely surprised if she had parted company with Montesa HRC, I read somewhere she attracts more publicity than male Spanish trials riders.

Edited by Cota Kid

That's a sensible enough decision. She isn't capable at riding the WTC and the women's is to easy and not much of a challenge to her. I would be extremely surprised if she had parted company with Montesa HRC, I read somewhere she attracts more publicity than male Spanish trials riders.

I wonder why that is :D

Here is the Honda 2009 Motorcycle Racing Plan for Trials, no mention of Laia being the team;

http://world.honda.com/news/2009/c090127Mo...e-Racing-Plans/

♦ FIM World Trials Championship Series

For the FIM World Trials Championship Series (WCT), Honda will run two Montesa COTA 4RTs equipped with highly competitive 4-stroke engines. With riders Toni Bou, champion for the last two years, and Takahisa Fujinami, the only Japanese rider competing in the WCT, Honda aims to capture the rider

Edited by Martin Belair