My Day...

tombo46

I think that I'd have stayed an observed and asked the organiser if it was ok for me to try out the sections after the trial had finished. Doing that would have got you in theri good books and believe me, as an organiser I always remember people who put themseves out when they don't have to.

On another 'minor' point, you can't just ring up TMX to get events placed in regs available, phone calls are not accepted and although TMX do a good job, it has been known for regs to get lost in the post and not get put in.

All the best

Pete

II thought to myself "Hang on, I dont remember there ever being mention of a Trial at Burycliffe this sunday" so I whipped out my copy of TMX and had a look. Imagine my fury when I found that there was absolutly no record of this trial taking place. Had the lazy gits at Midlands Classics Motorcycle Club learned how to use a telephone and rang up TMX to inform them that there was a trial being held it would have saved me money in diesel and alot of time that could have been spent riding.

Thanks Midlands Classic's for ruining my day!

All the best

Tom (still mardy)

I finding this very hard to understand, why should any club have to put details in any media if they do not wish or need to?

People who spend time and effort to run events are beyond this sort of comment.

I finding this very hard to understand, why should any club have to put details in any media if they do not wish or need to?

People who spend time and effort to run events are beyond this sort of comment.

They had actually done it. but TMX is used by pretty much everyone for knowing what events are taking place. I Believe that the club has a responsibility for letting people know if a venue they usually ride at wont be availiable to them. midland classics did do this and it was my fault for not seeing it. Also, is isnt always possible to get in contact with the land owner, so how else are you meant to find out?

If the trial was open to everyone then I could understand, but if it is restricted to classic bikes only it can become a real problem for people who just want to practice.

As for people saying I should have voulenteered, it never even crossed my mind! I will definatly do it though if I find myself in the same situation. especially for midlands classic MCC, as I owe them an apology!

im not 100% sure on the rules though, will have to have a proper read up, dont want to upset any riders.

All the best

Tom