Smoky Bike

airfruit

Sorry for not combining the two threads hehe.

My 08 beta rev3 125 is quite smoky using the factory recommended premix mixture amount. I'm using the Honda hp2 premix by the way. I usually don't care much about the smoke but my bike seem to get very oily exhaust... and since the 125 has a shorter pipe I get small drops of oil from the exhaust all over the side of my rear tire. I usually clean it off before the tire can eat the oil in... This is really annoying as the right side of my tire gets slick during the ride... Anything I can do to stop the exhaust from getting so oily? I repacked the exhaust already due to the oil... running too rich? it doesn't stall or choke though, runs smooth hmmmm

Thanks

Are you sure that you're pre-mixing to the right ratio? If you're gearbox/crankcase seal went then the bike would probably be running rough and smoking like fury.

I guess that you should be running at around 70:1 fuel/oil mix which is 71.5cc oil for 5ltrs fuel (70cc will be fine). A little smoking from the exhaust is nothing to worry about and you should expect a little build up of oil especially when you're just pottering around.

Give it a good thrashing and get some heat in the exhaust, awkward this time of year I know.

My 290 sherco doesn't smoke but if I do a lot of big hillclimbs especially in milder weather the pipe must burn out its crud and then smokes like hell.

A blast out now and then does it good :D