Cooling Fan

graham8554

Hi all.

Recently bought a 1992 250 Contact, whilst checking it over i have found that the cooling fan has a couple of blades missing, which leaves me with a couple of problems.

1 Can i buy a fan anywhere?

2 As the engine and frame numbers don't match which number would you use to order a new one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Graham

Gday Graham, Im not sure about the Gassers, but certainly my Beta uses a generic japanese fan found on many small Jap bikes. I got a replacement from my local wreckers (read Breakers for UK, ? for US) quite cheaply. It may be worth checking that out. I think the manufacturer was Mitsuba (could be wrong here). A bolt on fit in every way.

HTH,

Cheers,

Stork

Hi Graham,

If you are in the UK, you may be able to buy just the fan blade from a Gas Gas dealer - try White Bros up North or BVM in Gloucester, the fan blades used to be available as a separate item years back. Or go with Storks good idea and make sure it is a 12v DC fan motor.

Bye, PeterB.

if you do put in a fan from a different source such as a computer.... (!) then it's worth checking how much current it's going to draw as if it's too high then you may find that the bikes generator can't cope with the current and (or) you may end up with ignition problems/weak spark etc.... just a thought like....

I thought the lighting used a different power source than the ignition so won't affect how the bike runs. However the non standard fan may use more power and not run at the desired speed.

This was my assumption also.

Jon