New Mont?

beaver1966

i have just read birks report on the new mont.I have to say that engine apart this is a bit dissapointing in terms of progression ie brake pedal etc.however it does not pay to change too much all at one go as other manufacturers have found in the past.!! :D

i have just read birks report on the new mont.I have to say that engine apart this is a bit dissapointing in terms of progression ie brake pedal etc.however it does not pay to change too much all at one go as other manufacturers have found in the past.!! :D

This bike is the furthest progressed bike in years I

I think the moral is, Dont fix what isn't broken.

The mont isnt suited to all riders, but it IS a good bike, Honda have the money to create the most advanced trial bike in the championships,Honda/Montesa are giants in the world of bikes, and they will know what they are doing.

Its all fine saying what could change, which yes, it could change. At the cost of thousands.

For every part on the montesa is effective of something else, and something else and something else.

Ok, they change to a completely new design of brake pedal, they need to sort out the production of it, the testing of it, and altering of it, the re-production of it, re-testing it...ect ect

It is a very very lengthy project in a production of a bike.

For anything you effect on a bike, will effect something else for better or for worse, Montesa will want to develop and improve, but it wont happen over night. It takes lots of time and money.

Though now with the 4 strokes in, I'd be expecting some complaints when they go on sale.

That engine does sound like a tasty bit of kit though  :angry:

I'm sure I could put up the the brake pedal if ever I could afford one :D

Agree about the engine - be interesting to see if the Lewisport pedal fits, over to you Markyboy