Loose Discs 08 250 Rev 3

anyoldiron

Hello.I noticed a while back my back brake disc was a little loose.Not alot.Thought I,d tighten it up but the bolts weren,t loose.Tried shorter bolts,more washers .No change.So forgot to worry about it for a while.Had the bright idea to look at front disc today and saw this is the same.So now do I worry twice as much and do something about it-any ideas,or forget it and face the consequences of my neglect.Anyone got any ideas how to have a brake disc that doesn,t move or anyone have similar brake problem.All the best

I think you'll find they are whats known as 'floating discs'. Of course it is worth keeping an eye on the bolts to check THEY are not loose, but the discs will normally have some movement in them.

Without going out to the garage to check mine, I HOPE I'm correct. Somebody else, I'm sure will confirm sooner or later.

Thank you very much amazingly helpful and knowledgeable people.Floating discs eh?Now I can stop worrying about that.Never noticed it riding,just a shed thing.Seems odd to have it loose there as I would have thought it would add more stress but anyway.....

Yep they are floating discs! the discs are mounted on spacers that the bolt goes through? i remember having to change these on my old techno as discs rattled there are clips either side of disc to hold it to spacer! it as been known for bolts to come loose so loctite them! hope this helps.