Durafix....can I Use In On The Exhaust Box?

neo

We bought a similar product technoweld it looked brilliant in the demonstration but in reality it's a lot harder to get good results than was made out, I certainly wouldn't even try and weld a exhaust up with it, find a good experienced TIG welder, I got my exhaust welded up for about

The problem is that the technique is like soldering.

If you are only doing a small horizontal job it is OK,

But if you are doing something like a silencer you need a lot of heat (aluminium is a great conductor) a disposible cannister type blow lamp is too small.

If you are going all the way around, when you rotate the silencer the stuff you have just done will drip off the bottom while you do the top.

I would only suggest giving it a go if you can get the joint horizontal, and get all around it in one go.

Durafix requires minimal preperation/skill it's like soldering.

Technoweld needs flux and skill ,I have very limited welding experience so the Durafix is my preference. :lol:

That stuff may well work on a muff of something low stress, potentially even a cracked rim? But I would never rely upon it is a high stress application, as even the best Tig welding is limited in its applications. Much depends upon the base alloy, as some things such as the Ergal skidpans and footpegs! Well, forget about welding, junk it! :guinness: