Charlie Harris

wayne_weedon

Hi, anyone know how to contact Charlie Harris if indeed he's still around?

I'm trying to piece together any history of my Montesa Cota 330 which I'm quite sure used to be his and supplied/supported by Robinsons of Rochdale.

I think he was originally from up north somewhere or possibly Midlands? and spent sometime in the Weymouth area which is how the bike ended up in this area. I bought it from someone he sold it to who worked with him at Bovington or Lulworth camps.

I seem to think he may have moved east from Dorset possibly Brighton way, but I did see mention on his name (Possibly Same person) on the Redhill and Reigate clubs results from a few years back, riding a Norman I believe.

Anyway all leads appreciated.

Wayne....

Right I had tried them but didnt get a yes or no answer on the phone which I can understand under data protection issues etc. I did email them also.

So it remains to be seen if my contact details are passed on.

I was in contact with him or rather him to me at one time as he used to call occasionally to see if I'd sell the bike back to him! I since moved myself though and changed tel number.

Wayne...

Yes Charlies is still about last i'd heard he was living in France but when in the UK i think he stays in the redhill area as he must have connections there as ive seen him in pic's/ features in old bike mags over the years riding trials in and around the reigate/redhill area,

I last talked to him at the last Malvern classic dirt bike show 2008 (a real gentleman, not to mention a dam good rider in his day)

I have his email somewhere if i can find it i will pm it to you,

Scotty.

Scotty that would be so kind of you.

I'm sure if I'd bothered to restore the bike earlier I'd have not lost touch with him. But me an the elusive roundtuits are a problem!

I'll probably still not sell it, but I certainly want to know the history behind it. The guy I bought it from seemed to think it's been fiddled with, but only Charlie would know.

Wayne.....

Ive found Charlie Harris email address, if you send me your email address i will forward it to him,

Aha! Would also very much like Charlie's email address as, like him, I've now moved to France. Last time I spoke to him (at a Greybeards trial) he said he was living down south, somewhere near Carcasonne I think. Would be great to get in touch with the ol' bugger again. I have a couple of old UK phone numbers for him but I presume they're now well out of date.

Thanks, Gordon.