Identify Fantic 1991 We Think ...

beamish rl

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, please bear with me.

I'm trying to find out the exact model and year of manufacture of a Fantic trials bike we've just bought, mainly so we can repair and maintain it in good fettle. We believe it's a 250, has monoshock rear end, upside down forks, disc brakes front and rear and an air-cooled engine. We were told it's a 1991 model, but don't know the model number / name or even if what we were told is true. Could anyone help ? We can take and send / post digital pictures if that would help, though I haven't taken any yet, just played on it so far ..

It has been re-painted a number of times and has Yamaha stickers on the

tank, but that's not really a problem. :o

We also want to buy a new petrol tank, seat and mudguard unit as these are broken ..and no doubt there will be other bits needed when we have a closer look, certainly we also need a gear lever, side stand, and possibly head and wheel bearings, as well as fork seals etc. The engine itself sounds pretty good, though it does feel choked, so carb jets and air cleaner might also be needed, as well as a de=coke maybe.

I normally ride a Beamish Suzuki in Twin shock class, but the Fantic is a little lighter and easier to handle for the children, so we also want to make it as reliable as possible.

Any information anyone could send would help immensely.

if you look in the trials and moto x paper there is a dealer who stocks all fantic parts. i dont have a paper on hand but know it is in the stockton area,  :D

Thanks.

We've only just got the bike, so haven't really looked much yet, and I can't find many resources for Fantic on the internet at all.

We haven't read the 'papers' yet either, we only compete at a local club level so don't really keep up with them anymore.

Pems in Rochdale were Fantic dealers 01706 645781 and still stock parts for them. Give them the engine/frame no. and they should be able to identify it for you. Ditto Bill Pye in North East somewhere but don't know his number.

Memory's a little hazy now but if it is around 1991 I'm guessing it may be a 247 (212cc) or 307 (250cc) as I think these were the only air-cooled Fantics to have USD forks around then. Orange/white tank and White frame/mudguards colour scheme originally, plus orange hubs.

They did do an air-cooled 'clubman' model in the water-cooled era a couple of years on from that but can't remember what forks that had.

Either of the above dealers should be able to sort it out for you though.

Pems in Rochdale were Fantic dealers 01706 645781 and still stock parts for them. Give them the engine/frame no. and they should be able to identify it for you. Ditto Bill Pye in North East somewhere but don't know his number.

Orange/white tank and White frame/mudguards colour scheme originally, plus orange hubs.

Many thanks.

Certainly has orange hubs and white frame .. the rest has been painted so many times it's hard to say, but inside of the tank looks orage ish ...

I'll certainly try Pems and Bill Pye, appreciated.

:D

fantic%20307%20depliant.jpg

does it look like that...

have a look at http://www.fanticmotorlegend.it/cartellasi...ra/indexing.htm

Yup .. extremely like that .. 'cept it has an all red tank / seat / rear mudguard .. though there are layers on layers of paint on it. We also don't have the lights or speedo, but they're technicalities .. :D

That's a great site, I never thought about trying the Italian sites .. figured I can't speak it, so I probably couldn't read it either. :D

Does anyone know of UK based suppliers who might supply a rear mudguard/seat unit and tank? And any other spares etc .. or would that also be Bill Pye etc as posted earlier ?

Many thanks .. :hl:

Hi i'm new to this forum as well !!

I'm also in the middle of renovating a Fantic k-roo 250 94 ,which hopefully will get me back into trialling (last time was 21 years ago when I was 10)

Ive found frank field fantic most use full for bits for mine maybe worth a try for your bits there in great ayton yorkshire ?.

I think this is there web address www.frankfieldfantic.co.uk

hope this helps

Jamie.