Time For A Change - What Bike Next?

ticket2ride

Okay chaps....

Given some spare time (mature student benefits and all!!)......I'm planning to get back on a bike after about 2 years out....(a recurring theme...prob the 5th time I've come back to it!!)...

Currently have a 04' 315 in storage which has done nowt.....but, fancy a change of steed since I'm getting back in to it....

Overall theme is that I fancy something lighter, bit more chuckable or maybe a bit smaller cc wise....

Owned Gasser's before and always found them to be built for purpose/price....didn't wear too well..(the 200 was a great blast though!!)....never got my leg over a Sherco....and the last Beta I owned was a TR34 (great bike it was too!!)....

How are things looking at the moment in the 06 - 08 used market?

Do Gassers still fall to pieces and Sherco's loose relatively quickly? Are Beta's pretty solid still and quite smooth on the power delivery?

Weight wise - does the Pro still come in the lightest?

Great to hear some info on this stuff??

Cheers

Hi mate, I got back into trials about 3 years ago,bought a cheap GasGAS 320 then moved onto a Scorpa sy 250.Sold that & i've got a GasGas 280 pro 05,yes the GG is lighter but for reliability the scorpa was a much better bike & i would go back to scorpa's tomorrow if my finances were a bit better.But its horses for corses & each to their own.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bud i have always stuck with beta as the reliability is second to none. But its not just that i think that they are a pretty bike to look at, the power is not harsh and aggressive with any nasty bite to it.

And not so long ago i say a beta 250 08 immaculate condition that was at 2000 buy it now on ebay, and when i say immaculate it looked like that it had never been ridden at all.

But i cant tell you which bike to have as it is all down to personal preference the best thing to do is test ride the bikes that you are cosidering, but the beta from 07 onwards if it is in good nick is a good buy :dunce:

• 2 weeks later...