Security Bolts

b40rt

The Great Sam used PK screws through the side rims on Ariel GOV 132 principally I believe in pursuit of weight saving and deleted the typical two rim locks on each wheel, I always assumed this mod to delete the rim locks worked well, I have no idea how the tyre beads stood up to the low tyre inflation and high loading over time - has anyone else ever tried this principle ?

Brian H

The Great Sam used PK screws through the side rims on Ariel GOV 132 principally I believe in pursuit of weight saving and deleted the typical two rim locks on each wheel, I always assumed this mod to delete the rim locks worked well, I have no idea how the tyre beads stood up to the low tyre inflation and high loading over time - has anyone else ever tried this principle ?

Brian H

I have seen that here on a 350 bulto. The screws shear and the tyre is scrap.....not enought screws. All speedway and grass trackers do the same but 5 screws each side is not enough.....

Edited by Lee Harris

I have seen that here on a 350 bulto. The screws shear and the tyre is scrap.....not enought screws. All speedway and grass trackers do the same but 5 screws each side is not enough.....

Some of the 370 Bultaco pursangs used countersunk self tappers. Not sure how well it worked.

I've seen speedway bikes with the valve sticking out through the sidewall of the tyre and no rimlocks or maybe they did..

Wayne...

Edited by wayne_weedon

So I'm gathering from this thread that the excel rims That I just shipped Off to get some spokes made to fit my fantic hubs , I should add a second rimlock in back , eventhough the bead of the rim is serrated and I got a new agressive rimlock to use instead of the worthless smooth rubber covered stock ones on my fantic ? The rim is prepunched for one but I've got no problem drilling another hole ... I would think that excel would provide room for two as the rear rim actually is for a cr250 / 400 ...

Glenn

And Lee , I requested some extra spokes as the price is the same for 36 or 40 so I'll get you the dimensions .

Two it is then. Bought a Talon rimlock and thought I might get away with one, not worth the risk. Thanks all.

Ordered another one from trialsbits about 3pm yesterday, delivered this morning. How about that for service.

Hi Guy's

Service from Trials Bits ,is second to none, order the stuff one day it is delivered the next. Buy a load of stuff and a man is knocking on your door at 8 o'clock the next morning. Got me out of trouble loads of times , Thanks Amanda.

PS Only a customer.

Regard's Charlie.