Gasser Rear Mudguard/fender

bigfoot

Is anyone else out there finding the rear muguard on the 2009 bikes breaking fairly easily? Up to 2006 (my last bike) the rear guards were great with a lot of flex. The 2009 seems much stiffer and I've now broken two of them having broken only 1 in the last 6 years on earlier pro's. I'm thinking of fitting an older one but I can't remember is there was a white Pro before the 2009 300. So the second part of my question is; was a white (based) pro available before the 2009?

Cheers

John

Most Pro,s come with 2 rear mudguards, one that is a harder plastic to enable the lights, indicators etc to be supported from a bracket and another more fexible version that is for the non- holomogated version.

My 2008 plastic is o.k., and there is no white based Pro before 2009. Fit an earlier model fender and when you go to sell it, fit the original. Fix number two would be to have a white decal made that covers a 2008 fender.

Spencer

Most Pro,s come with 2 rear mudguards, one that is a harder plastic to enable the lights, indicators etc to be supported from a bracket and another more fexible version that is for the non- holomogated version.

No this is the non-holomogated trials version but is not far off as stiff and brittle as the road ones IMHO. Its a shame if GG are going back to where Beta have remained for years making money off us riders by poor material selection. Good flexible guards have been available for a long time and GG have used them but by doing so they probably take a lot of business away from aftermarket sales.

I think I'll have to fit a pre 2009 version in another colour. Maybe red will look OK with some white stickering.

friends 09 broke this past week after a loopout where he caught the bike, but the fender hit a rock. Fender broke at the 2 side attachment points. He was suprised it broke so easily. I hope its just a coincidence.

friends 09 broke this past week after a loopout where he caught the bike, but the fender hit a rock. Fender broke at the 2 side attachment points. He was suprised it broke so easily. I hope its just a coincidence.

If you put bolts through it that will happen very easily, they come with clips in them that should just pop out, I bought a load of these from gas gas UK and some washers to fit.

also, as the main bolt I use registration plate bolts, they are plastic and snap rather than snapping your mudguard.

I break mine off about 3 - 5 times on a good days ride, and so far im on my same mudguard doing it like this. ive had the bike about a year now I think.

if the side holes become too worn its time to start on the cable ties!

All the best

Tom

If you put bolts through it that will happen very easily, they come with clips in them that should just pop out, I bought a load of these from gas gas UK and some washers to fit.

also, as the main bolt I use registration plate bolts, they are plastic and snap rather than snapping your mudguard.

I break mine off about 3 - 5 times on a good days ride, and so far im on my same mudguard doing it like this. ive had the bike about a year now I think.

if the side holes become too worn its time to start on the cable ties!

All the best

Tom

I always remove the GG guard clips and replace them with small ty-wraps for the very same reason. I've broken the ty-wraps a few time but never the guard until I started on the 09 bike. This is not a fitting issue as I'm not new to gasser pros it just too stiff a design. It may not just be materials it could be the actual design which has changed and put a few more compound curves on the guard in the way of extra wide mud protection. These obviously dont bend too well. Either way I think its a backwards step for us and will make a lot of money for Gas Gas in aftermarket guard sales.

I'll have a look at the Raga guard and see what the differences are. Cheers