Boost Bottle For Yam 175?

afroash20

Someone told me you could get a boost bottle for a yam 175 that goes between the carb and reed valve

which gives it some more oomph is this true? and if so where can i get one from and are they any good and how hard are they to fit?

cheers

Yes a short lived fad! Probably made a few fabricators some money though, I seem to recall they were available as an after market thing.

Just Googled it . They are back! Snake Oil anyone?

Wayne....

Edited by wayne_weedon

If you check through the history on this website you will find info on ty175 boost bottles, I have one fitted and would say they do improve the performance, this is what mine looks like CLICK HERE I had a friend fabricate the bottle, the pipe is 15mm chrome plumbing pipe and the inlet rubber is off a rd350.

If you check through the history on this website you will find info on ty175 boost bottles, I have one fitted and would say they do improve the performance, this is what mine looks like CLICK HERE I had a friend fabricate the bottle, the pipe is 15mm chrome plumbing pipe and the inlet rubber is off a rd350.

I would love to try your bike sometime!

I would like to say that if you try any performance mod to a bike that is far from perfect then fitting things like a boost bottle will make no difference, boost bottles do work, if you look at the facts which are available on the net you will see for yourself. Somethings do take time to set up and could require other mods to get the best out of what you have. Lee you would be more than welcome to try out my bike if its possible to arrange.

thanks for the reply.

Wheres your second tube go at the back? is that open to atmosphere?

Did you have to change your reeds? if i wanted to buy one where do i go and how much roughly would i pay

thanks again

Edited by afroash20

thanks for the reply.

Wheres your second tube go at the back? is that open to atmosphere?

Did you have to change your reeds? if i wanted to buy one where do i go and how much roughly would i pay

thanks again

afroash20, there is no second pipe on the boost bottle, just think of this as an area of extra volume, it gets a charge as the Reed valves open and close, its best explained on one of the boost bottle web sites, just GOOGLE boost bottle and you will find loads of info. A DT/IT 175 boost Bootle will do the job, the important thing is a bottle that is at least the volume of the cc (175) there are other types that you could play around with like the Malosssi boost bottle which does expand and contract, the bottle I use was made by a mate but I have seen some on Ebay that will do the job,you don't have to change the reed valves but Boyesen valves can help. The mods I have carried out on my bike on an individual basis do not make gains like you would expect from a nitro kit but they do help, some at different points across the rev range so not always obvious at any one time.