Pro 300 Fuel Economy

benbeta23

Well i've just realised on the 09's that they have a smaller tank than the 08's and the older bikes.

but when i tried my bike yesterday to see how long it would take to run out, just riding about, not doing very much. i filled it up at about 9:00am and then i had to fill it up again off a full tank at about 10:30am,

surely it can't run out so quick, there is no sign of a fuel leak or anything like that, i just don't see why it runs out so quick??

I also compared it to my dad's beta 4t, and in about 4 hours it didn't even use half a tank! and there is only 50cc difference in the bikes.

Thnaks for help

Cheers

Ben.

Edited by GasGasben

Well i've just realised on the 09's that they have a smaller tank than the 08's and the older bikes.

but when i tried my bike yesterday to see how long it would take to run out, just riding about, not doing very much. i filled it up at about 9:00am and then i had to fill it up again off a full tank at about 10:30am,

surely it can't run out so quick, there is no sign of a fuel leak or anything like that, i just don't see why it runs out so quick??

I also compared it to my dad's beta 4t, and in about 4 hours it didn't even use half a tank! and there is only 50cc difference in the bikes.

Thnaks for help

Cheers

Ben.

Hi Ben, its not the engine size that makes the difference between you and your Dad's bike but the fact that yours is a 2 stroke, the 4 stroke design is far better at fuel economy due to the way it burns its fuel, I had over the years a lot of road going Yamaha RD's LC's Power Valves etc etc and while most of my mates on their big 4 strokes would ride all day I would be terrorizing petrol forecourts all day filling up because if you ride a 2 stroke really hard it just eats the fuel.

one and a half hours to the tank full does seem way excessive mind and a smaller tank too, how many liters does it hold? if you say you were just bumbling around was it in lower gears as that does not help either, when it was really cold back in January me and my Daughter ran my `04 280 pro out of juice in about 3 hours in the snow as we could not get any grip and the back wheel just span at high revs.

Regards.

Hi Ben, its not the engine size that makes the difference between you and your Dad's bike but the fact that yours is a 2 stroke, the 4 stroke design is far better at fuel economy due to the way it burns its fuel, I had over the years a lot of road going Yamaha RD's LC's Power Valves etc etc and while most of my mates on their big 4 strokes would ride all day I would be terrorizing petrol forecourts all day filling up because if you ride a 2 stroke really hard it just eats the fuel.

one and a half hours to the tank full does seem way excessive mind and a smaller tank too, how many liters does it hold? if you say you were just bumbling around was it in lower gears as that does not help either, when it was really cold back in January me and my Daughter ran my `04 280 pro out of juice in about 3 hours in the snow as we could not get any grip and the back wheel just span at high revs.

Regards.

I knew that the 4 stroke has a difference to how it burns fuel & doesn't use as much, but i didn't think it would be such a big difference, the tank in my gasser is 2.5 liters, you can't go around everywhere in a high gear though when i was going around to different places around the quarry it was in a high gear & up a few hils were in about 3rd/4th gear it was in 1st/2nd some of the time but not that much

I will just have to get a lot more fuel then.

Thanks for your reply

probly due to the fact that its a factory bike :thumbup:?

or am i just speaking jiburish :L

It is a Factory bike yes, but it has the same tank capacity as the standard GG's, i think i will just need to get a lot more fuel in the future lol.

1.5 hrs is not unreasonable - my 07 Beta 270 would do the same.

Further, 1.5hrs would mean a 6hr day in SSDT would only require 3 fuel stops plus a refuel at the park. Not bad!

I'm not sure how long in hours my Beta 4T will last, but i have worked it out (twice) to get 10km/l which is means i can only go 22km or 13 miles!

It depends how you ride the bike..... and it is still a very cheep motor sport.