What's Wrong With The Montesa 4rt?

richzj

What I'd really like to know is why are there no top British riders on the Montesa 4rt? You have to go down to 5th in the expert B class to find one at the British solo trials champs at Kinlochleven, Bou seems to like his.

hey

thats easy,

they are expensive and not competition ready and it costs a lot to get them competition ready (new rear shock, exhaust, big bore kit,...)

for a clubman the stock bike is ok but topriders need more power. the bike toni Bou rides is not the same 4 rt you and i can get in the shops.

a 2 stroke is cheaper and performs better stock

hey,

no they not stock but just well prepared, toni bou's montesa is more than well prepared its nearly alien technology :thumbup:

i only hope montesa uses the info they got from that bike and bild a better 4 rt for us ( i had a 4rt for 2 years and really liked the bike )

in belgium there was a top rider that was on montesa for some years but it was verry well prepared and worked verry good now he on a beta (290)

regards bob

thats true

top quality had one for 2 years never problems,

but performance for top level riding is just not there, i guess if you would have a top 4rt it would cost you 3000 euro extra so that makes 10 000 euro :thumbup:

regards bob