Barn Tl250

brian r

OOHH ! now I see the reason for the message ... Meant to tell you I had one way back in the day that was amazing , 300+cc. and was a john deere on steroids . Little , if anything was stock ... Somewhere my family must have some photo's and details of that thumper , my last trials bike till I got the fantic a few years ago ... I miss it .!!!

Glenn

Were there pics of the completed long stroke TY80? Maybe I missed them? :blink:

No it's not done yet ... latest pictures on the 'serious ty80 mods ' post , And you know as well as I , It will NEVER be 110% done ....

Glenn

post-1232-1241007774.jpg

Ain't she a beaut?

Ahhh, you do take me back. Way back in the closing days of the '70s my first girl friend had just dumped me. As had my first XL250. Also know as the 'other' GF, red and black and weighing in at 312lb. So I went out and bought a TL250.

I love what your photo says about your TL's life to date:

- short pipe for horse power not torque.

- no silencer for a 30lb weight saving (today I like quiet bikes, but back then NOISE was good. I used to run a VolksWagen chrome silence inserted into the pipe end)

- high front guard and knobby tyres for trail riding at speed through thick mud that would otherwise clog under a low mounted guard and stop the front wheel from rotating.

- no plastic side covers because they were just cosmetic and caught on the top of your boots anyway.

- only your headlight brackets survive not the headlight shell - probably the result of looping the bike after one too many wheelies.

- pushed in rear mudguard - probably the result of looping the bike after one too many wheelies.

- throttle cable routing, so the throttle didn't jam on full lock turns.

I do so want another one.