What Style Of Sections?

twinshocked

I thought abought this over the weekend,...why not make the rules apply to the year the bike was manufactured????? if it was made in 1981 or after it was manufactured to follow the rules of that year that did allow stoping, so if your riding a Fantic or SWM twinshock most likely it was designed for the rules that allow the rider to stop, if you are riding a pre '74 bike then no stop.. I know this will never work , but the discussion is as rediculous as the topic starter, one thing is for sure, trials rules will continue to change as our sport and the bikes evolve

Interesting responses. I posted the question because here in the USA Twinshock Trials are growing and I wanted to start a discussion about the STYLE of section people want in a TS event. I also wanted input from overseas because of their experience.

The question was about "what STYLE of section". I feel that the style of section should reflect the era of the bikes. This means the bikes will be ridden the way they were intended to be ridden. Some folks agree with me.

The style of section also can ease the pressure on the scoring/rules. Straightforward sections can be a plus, most of all fun/enjoyment. Vintage MX does not use a Supercross style track because it would not be much fun.

Hey MotoVintage! I read your all your posts (the deleted ones too). I intended no offense in using the term "hip hop". It was just a figure of speech. What ever problems you have with hip hop music and the people that listen to it are yours. I ride modern and vintage. Your personal insults are are your problem too. I have some very good friends in Texas Trials and have ridden in Texas many times over the years and I have been treated with nothing but hospitality and sportsmanship. Maybe you are the exception to the rule.

Edited by twinshocked

Couldn't agree more about make the sections simple so hopping not required & don't worry about balancing while stopped which takes a large amount of the niggle out of observing.

Funnily enough the aussies have a similar thread going on their site at the moment and have done for awhile. Unfortunately there has been suggestions of running 2 sets of rules at the 1 trial which with volunteer observers is 1 more hassle that is not needed.

I'd say ITSA's decision makes the most sense to me unless the trial is a combined modern/twinshock event where modern rules would have to apply

Interesting responses. I posted the question because here in the USA Twinshock Trials are growing and I wanted to start a discussion about the STYLE of section people want in a TS event. I also wanted input from overseas because of their experience.

The question was about "what STYLE of section". I feel that the style of section should reflect the era of the bikes. This means the bikes will be ridden the way they were intended to be ridden. Some folks agree with me.

The style of section also can ease the pressure on the scoring/rules. Straightforward sections can be a plus, most of all fun/enjoyment. Vintage MX does not use a Supercross style track because it would not be much fun.

Hey MotoVintage! I read your all your posts (the deleted ones too). I intended no offense in using the term "hip hop". It was just a figure of speech. What ever problems you have with hip hop music and the people that listen to it are yours. I ride modern and vintage. Your personal insults are are your problem too. I have some very good friends in Texas Trials and have ridden in Texas many times over the years and I have been treated with nothing but hospitality and sportsmanship. Maybe you are the exception to the rule.

I knew I should keep my mouth shut........I am pretty bad abought saying something and the other person taking it wrong, I really did not get your point???? Good sport...........maybe I just didn't understand your point, I'm bad abought that too.... you seem to have no problem throwing insults my way

Edited by MotoVintage

Couldn't agree more about make the sections simple so hopping not required & don't worry about balancing while stopped which takes a large amount of the niggle out of observing.

Funnily enough the aussies have a similar thread going on their site at the moment and have done for awhile. Unfortunately there has been suggestions of running 2 sets of rules at the 1 trial which with volunteer observers is 1 more hassle that is not needed.

I'd say ITSA's decision makes the most sense to me unless the trial is a combined modern/twinshock event where modern rules would have to apply

Tony, what is the address of the Aussie site you speak of? I'd like to see what the great minds down under are thinking. Cheers mate

SORRY Twinshocked that all came out bad, I didn't realize the consiquences of my posts, sorry to have offended you, as it appears it was not your intent to provoke a responce with the "hip hop" comment but rather to inquire of peoples oppinions, My appoligies...my bad

Christopher

ps it seems a lot of people have a beef with the stop & hop rules and use demeaning terms like HIP HOP trials, yes it does offend me calling the riders hip hopers, I suppose I should be more tolerant and not so defensive, I have some issues, sorry for my rant...nothing personal

Edited by MotoVintage

The address for trials oz is trials.com.au & the thread is very easily found when looking in the message boards

You'd be surprised how many names on their site are very familiar

SORRY Twinshocked that all came out bad, I didn't realize the consiquences of my posts, sorry to have offended you, as it appears it was not your intent to provoke a responce with the "hip hop" comment but rather to inquire of peoples oppinions, My appoligies...my bad

Christopher

ps it seems a lot of people have a beef with the stop & hop rules and use demeaning terms like HIP HOP trials, yes it does offend me calling the riders hip hopers, I suppose I should be more tolerant and not so defensive, I have some issues, sorry for my rant...nothing personal

No problem MV