Sherpa Paint Spec

triple_x

When I got my frame powder coated he only had one color of silver. He said he could special order other shades but none looked very good. If you look at my topic under Bultaco of my (Brand new Bultaco) you will see the finished product.

Some advice on getting your frame powder coated. Anywhere there are threads put in a plug. The person who is powder coating may have these. The powder coat paint is thick and you will have to clean up the threads with a tap. Take your time and clean up scrathces and nicks on the frame. File down or sand down nicks ect. Also before you tear the bike down take as many photos of everything. I took about 200 pictures. It helps when you put it back together.

My best advice would be to send the bike to Big John. The pictures on Trials Central Garage of his bikes are top notch. The Bultaco he has on there is awesome. The cases are like mirrors. He made me feel like a rookie on my restore ;) .

Edited by No Jive

Hi

Thank you for the advice.

It really is the only the colour spec I require as I have an Iron Phosphate pre treatment line and full powder coating facllities at our Bingley factory.

We do a very bright silver for our furniture but it would not be any good for outside use and all the other silver powders I have been offered so far looks dull.

I have had the frame sand blasted and am currently checking for any cracks.

Will let you let you know how I get on.

Have looked at your bike on the other posting and it is BEAUTIFULL Bultaco never ever made them that good.

Kind regrds

Martin