2009 T Ride

doogle

Thanks, but I didn't really want to ring Birketts and waste their time at the moment, as I am not going to be buying one if at all until later in the year. Just trying to plan ahead financially.

I have found an old TBM that has a test on them when they first came out. They were

Hi Doogle

I've got an 08 T-Ride. It's a good trail bike and is great for tight enduros. Not so good for blast round the fields type enduros because the short wheelbase and steepish fork angle make it a bit unstable at speed over the bumps and the suspension isn't really up to taking big hits at speed. The footpegs are the same height as on an enduro bike but the seat is 2 or 3 inches lower so riding sitting down is a bit cramped, it's much easier to ride it standing up. It is too easy to stall to be good at LDTs although the 09 model has a heavier flywheel which is supposed to make it much better in that respect. I'm trying to get hold of the heavier flywheel for mine. I find that you have to pay attention to the fasteners which seem to work loose fairly quickly but it has been reliable otherwise. It is true what they say in the TBM test that the bike feels lighter than it actually is and it is very flickable compared to an enduro bike.

A new T-Ride was over

Hello Sam

Thanks for the info, very helpful. Good about the chance to do the odd enduro on it. I have no plans to win any but would just like to enter the odd H&H. The lower seat height and higher pegs will be good for trail riding to. I prefer standing up but when I am on the seat trying to paddle my way out it will be easier than on an enduro. My mate has recently got an Alp and his pegs keep getting caught in ruts, so altough that feels great when standing up and riding it struggles when the going gets rutted, I was concerned the pegs on the T Ride would be at a similar height.

Price seems pretty scary for the 09, but as you say that may change by the end of the year.

See you have a 200 Beta as well. Same as me. We obviously have a similar taste in bikes.

Cheers

Dave

just thinking of another option, why not get rid of the beta, buy a scorpa 250f trials bike and a long ride kit and a different set of cogs? same thing int it???? I am thinking of doing it myself, enduros should be good training for events like the ssdt etc and a bit of a laugh.

just thinking of another option, why not get rid of the beta, buy a scorpa 250f trials bike and a long ride kit and a different set of cogs? same thing int it???? I am thinking of doing it myself, enduros should be good training for events like the ssdt etc and a bit of a laugh.

Yeah I sort of went down that route once when I sold my trail bike and trials bike and got a 4RT. I bought a spare back wheel and was going to change the front sproket to alter the gearing, with the idea of going trail riding. I never did though all the time that I had the 4RT. And ended up buying the 200 Beta and another trail bike.

Don't know why I didn't use it but just something didn't appeal. I live around 30 miles from the nearest trails and obviously I wasn't that keen on riding all that way on the 4rt, and being out of fuel by the time I got that.

I saw sandifords were advertising the long ride tank again like the scorpas. How much fuel do you reckon you can get in one of them the normal tank, a 1/2 litre fuel bottle and maybe a front number board. You need to have about 6 to 7 litres at your disposal to make it worthwhile. I am not sure how much fuel the long ride tanks hold, or the bikes for that matter. I think the mont only used to hold something ridiculous like 2 litres. Can you fill the long ride tank up straight from the pump? Is the hole big enough for the nozzle. It might be the way forward for me in the long run, as I am converting the van into a camper and will only be able to fit a trials bike in, not a trail bike.

Yeah I sort of went down that route once when I sold my trail bike and trials bike and got a 4RT. I bought a spare back wheel and was going to change the front sproket to alter the gearing, with the idea of going trail riding. I never did though all the time that I had the 4RT. And ended up buying the 200 Beta and another trail bike.

Don't know why I didn't use it but just something didn't appeal. I live around 30 miles from the nearest trails and obviously I wasn't that keen on riding all that way on the 4rt, and being out of fuel by the time I got that.

I saw sandifords were advertising the long ride tank again like the scorpas. How much fuel do you reckon you can get in one of them the normal tank, a 1/2 litre fuel bottle and maybe a front number board. You need to have about 6 to 7 litres at your disposal to make it worthwhile. I am not sure how much fuel the long ride tanks hold, or the bikes for that matter. I think the mont only used to hold something ridiculous like 2 litres. Can you fill the long ride tank up straight from the pump? Is the hole big enough for the nozzle. It might be the way forward for me in the long run, as I am converting the van into a camper and will only be able to fit a trials bike in, not a trail bike.

not sure about the mont ones but the 250f long ride increases the capacity to 5L (standard 2L)add a number board tank and you have 6L. The hole in the normal tank can easily be filled up from the pump.

If you want something even more frugal the 200f is fantastic, the long ride holds 4.5L but is really good on fuel, air cooled and super reliable.

Note: A few people have ridden my bike as well as a 4rt and said the 250f feels really nice and prefer it.

The choice is yours

Edited by thespikeyone

• 2 weeks later...