Pro 225s.how Many Are Out There?

benz19

• 2 weeks later...

Are both you guys using Kiehin carbs or standard?

Im on my way,have now fitted a 125 engine into my 7 month old 08 chassis,going to run as 125 for a couple of trials to get abench mark then change to 225!

Done my first trial today as a 125,what a fun bike to ride,does not tire you and does not drag you thru the section if you get it wrong!!

Really keen for 225 now!!!

Benz

• 3 weeks later...

Rode my new 225 for the first time today...........................WOW!

Really great fun bike to ride with loads of power and really soft off the bottom,bike feels light and much more agile and stable due to less engine inertia!

Three other guys rode it,an expert champion,clubman tip rider and a younger guy who has a 125,everyone loved it and did not want to get off it.

Spec i ended up running.....................

Gearing 9/42

Dellorto carb with 125 jetting

short front pipe

two 125 flywheel weights

Benz

Rode my new 225 for the first time today...........................WOW!

Really great fun bike to ride with loads of power and really soft off the bottom,bike feels light and much more agile and stable due to less engine inertia!

Three other guys rode it,an expert champion,clubman tip rider and a younger guy who has a 125,everyone loved it and did not want to get off it.

Spec i ended up running.....................

Gearing 9/42

Dellorto carb with 125 jetting

short front pipe

two 125 flywheel weights

Benz

Interested in the two fly wheel weights; I'm running one at the mo' and think it could be a bit softer at the bottom again, how do you attach the second weight? Mine was a shrink fit onto the flywheel boss.

Gasgas machined and then welded two together for me.

Then just shrink fit as you do with one,but i added a couple of spot welds to hold them onto flywheel to be safe.

Benz

Edited by benz19

How are you finding the gearing 9 / 42 ???

I've only rode one 225 and this had the same gearing and i found it to way to fast for me. (but then i aint to good :thumbup: ).

i'm looking to take my 200 out to a 225 soon, so i'll follow this tread with intrest.

cheers mike

The gearing seemed good,was going to try a 10 after the trial but did not get time.

I think the 9 suits,although the capacity has increased the stroke is still short as its the 125 crank.so she revs up quick,but controllable.

The 125s run 9/48 so 9/42 is quite a increase in the gearing,plus this is what Factory Kevs uses,and another good expert rider i have spoken to said that when he went from 10 to a 9 it transformed the bike??

Got a good road trial on it this weekend so will have more info then.

Plus im planning to try a Keihin carb next????

Benz