Dribbling Carb Fix Pix

clarkp

Use fuel line and a small plastic or brass 'tee' to build something like this. Make sure to cut off the bottom of the middle hose at a steep angle. Hose lengths are approximate.

c2.jpg

Edited by clarkp

Pardon? Not really sure where you're coming from there scorpaboy...

Let's see...

1.) You've had a Beta in the past and appreciate what the guys on this forum are doing to help each other in their appreciation of world-class Italian trials machinery? You like it that the Beta owners on this forum can actually help each other by documenting tweaks that are easy to do, easy to follow, and actually yield a benefit? Is that it?

2.) You're new to Trials Central and can't contain your zeal for all things trials, so you gush helpful information on topics about which you have no real knowledge in lots of different forums?

3.) You're a pre-teen that still gets a rush from all that mindless, 'mine-is-better-than yours' BS?

Sorry if I've misconstrued your concise and thoughtfully-considered post and all apologies if I've missed your heartfelt meaning. I think your informative posts would find an appreciative audience here.

On a lighter note... go to http://www.stupidvideos.com click on the 'Most Watched' tab and watch number 10.

Edited by clarkp

Clarkp/BillyT: Is there any reason why the vent hose can't be (much) longer and routed in the other direction down behind the swingarm pivot with the case vent hose (etc.)?

There's no reason why not having any hoses at all (ie, both carb spigots are "bare") would effect engine performance is there?

Edited by neonsurge

I don't see why routing the vent pipe the other way (and making it longer) would be any different / better / worse. It would probably look cleaner than my installation - I like your idea; may change mine.

I don't mean to speak for BillyT, but I think leaving the spigots bare would subject them to water intrusion or other forms of contamination. Should have no effect on engine performance at all. I wouldn't do it on my bike... too many creek crossings, mud, etc.

Leaving the spigots bare defets the purpose of what the T connected tubes peform :lol: .

As Clark says it leaves them exposed to the elements etc. The only spigot to leave with no tube on it is the real overflow tube which is at the very bottom of the carb. This is due to trying to eliminate the capillary action of a tube.

As for the length of the open tube at the T connection.

Taking a tube down to the the swing arm would be pointless as no real gas should come out of the open tube as it there to primarly let air in and not gas out :lol:

Keep in mind that the spigots (left & right) are in reality atmospheric equilisers ports, no real gas should come out of them ( unless your float level adjustment are out per my prior instructions) ;)

The point of my T connection is that if gas is coming out of one EQ spigot it will have a hard time flowing uphill and if it does it should flow back down the other tube and back into the gas bowl or in extreme cases out of the other open tube.

If the gas only goes up the tube a little bit there is still air pushing down the other tube (thru the open T connection) affording equlization in the float bowl.

The other affect of my T connection method is that any excess gas that comes out of the EQ tubes due to hard landing or serious incline can and will flow up the EQ tube/s and then back down again supplying a quicker refill rate to the gas bowl (ie main jet).

It is important to place the open part of the T facing upwards as one wants the gas to flow back down into the carb and also lay at it lowest level if it does come up the tubes and then run over to the other side and back down into the bowl and not out the open part of the T connection.

It could run out of the open part of the T connection if it is laying down.

This way the chances of gas coming up and totally blocking the air flow is minimized. Meaning if one took a cross section of the T tubes as gas was coming up and down it should only consume a small cross section still letting air flow. This is due to the excess gas not being a constant flow but rather a burst if you will of gas due to the floats not being able to handle what is happening. The floats should kick in shutting the gas off.

The gas in the tube should as it climbs up and goes around the radius flatten (with the float shut off kicked in) out not totally blocking the cross section of the tube.

In a perfect world one could have gas and air in the tube at the same time.

Kind of like a subway car in the tunnel sharing the same space, subway car and air.

The bottom line with my T connection trick is that any gas level not contained by the float in extreme situations is contained in one or both tubes and air should still be able to flow into the EQ tubes whilst doing so.

I am going back in to my cave :lol:

BillyT ;)

Edited by BillyT
  • Like 1

I don't mean to speak for BillyT, but I think leaving the spigots bare would subject them to water intrusion or other forms of contamination.  Should have no effect on engine performance at all.  I wouldn't do it on my bike... too many creek crossings, mud, etc.

Nah, I just noticed that one was missing from my bike (on the left). I must've forgotten to replace it the last time I had the carb off for cleaning and it's disappeared into the unfathomable depths of the garage.

I'd just like to say thanks, Clark and Billy: Fantastic and comprehensive information as always!

Pardon? Not really sure where you're coming from there scorpaboy...

Let's see...

1.) You've had a Beta in the past and appreciate what the guys on this forum are doing to help each other in their appreciation of world-class Italian trials machinery? You like it that the Beta owners on this forum can actually help each other by documenting tweaks that are easy to do, easy to follow, and actually yield a benefit? Is that it?

2.) You're new to Trials Central and can't contain your zeal for all things trials, so you gush helpful information on topics about which you have no real knowledge in lots of different forums?

3.) You're a pre-teen that still gets a rush from all that mindless, 'mine-is-better-than yours' BS?

Sorry if I've misconstrued your concise and thoughtfully-considered post and all apologies if I've missed your heartfelt meaning. I think your informative posts would find an appreciative audience here.

On a lighter note... go to http://www.stupidvideos.com click on the 'Most Watched' tab and watch number 10.

You Go Clark! I have never seen you talk so much trash, and to Billy T. to boot! What a hoot!

And put your helmet on in your avitar or I'll kick your ass- LOL!