Fatbars On Rev 3

sawtooth

Ok, been looking at Pro Tapers, from what i can see the Factory Suzuki bend is only available on the Pro Taper SE (with a brace), and i was after a braceless setup, which was why i was looking at Fatbars.

Factory Suzuki W800 H92 S47

I have found that Pro Taper Contour Taperwall Bars (Braceless) come in W800 H92 S57 (Henry/Reed), maybe that is something to look at along with the S3 adapters?

Edited by SawTooth

ProTaper Contour series is what I use. It has no brace. They are $62.99 at Chapparral. They are listed as "Factory Suzuki" bend, but it is also the KTM stock bend. 800mm wide, 92mm rise, 47mm pullback. Available in 4 colors and the price included a pad. Don't forget what I said about the shot peened surface. Less chance of cracking at some future time. Read my article on handlecar safety in the Technical Articles section (under "Other" on the home page) and you will know why I think handlebars are such a big deal. Whichever brand you go with though, I think it will be a big improvement. :D

I just picked up a set of these ProTaper universal clamps to run the fatbars. I was going to go with the S3 clamps, but these list for only $39.95 and can be had for even less. If you don't mind the rise these are the cheapest way I've seen to switch to fatbars.

2007_Pro_Taper_Universal_Bar_Mount_Kit_Black.jpg

I just picked up a set of these ProTaper universal clamps to run the fatbars. I was going to go with the S3 clamps, but these list for only $39.95 and can be had for even less. If you don't mind the rise these are the cheapest way I've seen to switch to fatbars.

Funny you should come up with those, i saw a set yesterday on dirtbikeexpress! That might be what i'll do.

Have you got these installed yet? I had given up on fat bars for my '00 Rev 3 but this looks like what I need! I'm currently running Renthal 5.5 trials bend but could use the lift since I'm 6' 1"

Thanks!

Have you got these installed yet? I had given up on fat bars for my '00 Rev 3 but this looks like what I need! I'm currently running Renthal 5.5 trials bend but could use the lift since I'm 6' 1"

Thanks!

Not yet, but I'll probably stick them on this weekend. I did hold them up for a "visual" fit and I foresee no problems. I'll post back after I install them.

^^ Looks just like my bike, '03 with '04 plastics?
That's what I've been told. This is my first ever trials bike. I bought it as an '03 and then people started noticing it had '04 plastic. I think '03's were gray/yellow? I like the red better.

That's what I've been told. This is my first ever trials bike. I bought it as an '03 and then people started noticing it had '04 plastic. I think '03's were gray/yellow? I like the red better.

Seems to be, my '03 came with the yellow and gray, was 'ok' but the '04 red is nice and bright, really brightens it up.

• 5 months later...

Just for reference, i can confirm that the triple clamps/yokes (with Fat Bar mounts) from a 2008 Rev3 fit the 2003 Rev3, i fitted some today, straight swap.

So its more than likely that the late clamps from 2007/2008 will fit early Rev3's 2001-2006.

• 1 month later...