Surflex Rev 3 Clutch Plates.

craftypiggy

The US importer claims that the SureFlex clutch will behave worse than the stock plates - I haven't tried the SureFlex in my BETA, however, I did try them in my Montesa and I didn't notice much difference.

IMO, the most important thing you can do is buy the metal plates at the same time you buy the fiber plates, they're not too expensive and seem to be the key to proper clutch action.

I just changed out my whole clutch pack and switched to Mobil 1 synthetic 5w-30 for the gearbox. I can start it cold and snick it right into gear without milking the clutch lever. I will never again change only the fiber plates; SureFlex or factory parts.

Thanks for yor reply Clark P, Ill do what you said and see what happens, hopefully there will be less drag. Hi peter, the clutch drag is not really suppost to happen, but it does and thats what I'm trying to solve. Ive been using different Gear oil and that makes it better. I would give that a go and see of it improves.

Lloyd ;)

Had a similar problem with my techno and started using PJ1 clutch tuner, great stuff. Chage the oil on a regular basis and seems to have solved the probem.

BeforeI changed to the PJ1 I did a major oil flush (with cheap oil) to get out all the old stuff, about 3 changes back to back did the trick. :(

With regards to the bike lunging forward when popping in gear with the clutch in, I have encountered a similar problem with my 2001 Rev. My bike doesn't do it all the time. What I have discovered is that the problem, coincidentally, occurrs right about the time it is due an oil change every 20 hours or so. As soon as I change oil it goes away. I have tried a variety of oils, Ipone, Castrol, Elf, and Mobile 1. All have the same result. Another thing I have noticed is that it becomes harder to find neutral with the motor off, just about the time I change the oil.

Has anyone tried the Mobile 1 transmission fluid??