Txt And Pro What Is The Difference

kluson

Hi Guys,

yet another question, sorry> Coming back to trials from the 70's, I am still trying to decide which bike. Set on a 250, could be Beta rev 3, could be Mont 315r or could be Gas Gas, I'm just getting a bit confused over TXT and Pro, what are the differences do they change fom one to the other at specific years, or are there some clear differences,

sorry for being thick

cheers

Hi kluson,

Gas Gas call their latest bikes a TXT PRO, this new model released in 2002 had a number of teething problems, better models were sorted out in 2004, the 250 is fine.

Earlier, pre 02 Gas Gas were also called TXT but not TXT PRO. These have a very well sorted, more chunky motor, the 2001 TXT 321 is especially suited for trail riding and blasts in the hills, as well as being very useful in trials though certainly not as powerful or as light as the later PRO models.

Bye, PeterB.

Also, there is the "TXT Edition" models, which is the well sorted GG 280 2001 TXT, that was reproduced periodically in 2002 and onward, and sold at a reduced price, as compared with the Pro models in those years.

I have a 2002 280 TXT Edition for several years, and I like it.

I finally did try out my buddy's nearly new 2008 TXT Pro 280 a couple of weeks ago. I was suprised how much smother the engine and suspension was, and the lighter weight was noticeable. The handling felt much "tighter/stiffer" and easier to ride than my well used '02 Edition. After riding the 2008, I immediately increased the compression damping on my forks, to tighten things up a bit. I've got more tweaking to do now.