Endurocross, Vegas Style

plunker1

I'm in Vegas for a conference from 19th till 27th August. Anything going on around those parts then?

Should be nice weather that time of year for a nice stroll in the desert! :thumbup:

I would think you might wilt just making it to the car at about 110+f. Hits you like a blast furnace !

Yet if you have not done it, I would still recommend the day trip to Hoover Dam, quite a specticle and nice and cool down in! Take the tour! :D

Edited by copemech

Yet if you have not done it, I would still recommend the day trip to Hoover Dam, quite a specticle and nice and cool down in! Take the tour! :thumbup:

Did a days flight down to the Grand Canyon from Vegas a few years ago. Pilot took us down over the Hoover Dam. Impressive, but not as impressive as the close fly-past we got en route from 3 F117 Nighthawks, presumably out of Nellis - or maybe Area 51 <insert Twilight Zone music here>

I'm in Vegas from the 19th, but the conference doesn't start till the 24th and there is only so much gambling you can do so I might just follow up on your suggestion - thanks!

Also heard about a shooting range just outside Vegas where you can pretty much choose your weapon and blast the hell out of turban-clad Taliban targets. That sounds like a lot of fun :D

They're already billing this as an epic event. What a race. Photo finish between Taddy and Rick D. Little Ryan Sandoval won the trialscross class. He's not so little anymore. I remember him when he was knee high to a grass-hopped. Harry Oswald was leading his LCQ and ran out of gas. Actually his gas petcock was turned off. Dustin Headwall had troubles all day. Crashed bad in the water pit and stalled on the rock pile. Poor kids.

Colton was leading the main event at one point. The announcer mentioned Colton added 20 pounds of muscle over the winter. One wonders if it was his lip muscles? His dad tells a different story.

Aaron was smooth as ever. Phil, not so much. Phil endo'd head first into the tires, giving himself a mild concussion and bending his unbendable bars. He found enough to battle three more races, coming in second in the night race behind Bobby Prochnau. That race is one crazy mutha.

Phil and I will have our newest member to the 551 Films/Uncle Circe Racing Team joining us the rest of the EnduroCross series. The newly crowned National Trials Champ. Pat will be mounted on a KTM XC 200.

Here's your top 20 going into Oklahoma, next round in a couple of weeks.

AMA GEICO POWERSPORTS ENDUROCROSS SERIES POINT STANDINGS, ROUND #1

1 Taddy Blazusiak

2 Ricky Dietrich

3 Mike Brown

4 Geoff Aaron

5 Kyle Redmond

6 Colton Haaker

7 Cory Graffunder

8 Jamie Lanza

9 Damon Huffman

10 Destry Abbott

11 Matt Crouch

12 Nick Brozovich

13 Antoine Meo

14 Bobby Prochnau

15 Dave Pearson

16 Rory Mead

17 Eric Rodgers

18 Phil Smage

19 Jason Raines

20 Jacob Argubright

Excellent video of the races. At the 6:47 mark you can see Phil's crash in slow-mo.

http://shotmakerproductions.com/?p=663&preview=true

Edited by City Trials

• 3 weeks later...

I read that a young rider "fell" off the rock obstacle a couple times and missed parts of the course in vegas and the officials only docked him one overall position, that seems rather kind,no trials nazis working there.

Edited by northernnorm