Top Cleaning Tips Needed!

ba baraccus

Ok this may sound like a boring thread but I could do with some advice. I am in the process of tidying up a 91 Fantic K-Roo and I am wondering what would be the best way to clean up the rear mudguard/seat panel which is that unpainted white plastic type stuff? I have been very lucky when I got this bike as the mudguard etc is still in one piece! It has the usual scratches and stuff on it but no cracks. So now I need to get it clean and fairly smooth again so I can apply the graphics and make it look like a minter again ;)

Anyone got any good tips?

Cheers!

used an orbital sander with a very fine sand paper on the original (rare) mudplugger rear mudguard on my Seeley......worked a treat, was a horrible yellow colour, got a good smooth finish on it & then plenty of polish to buff it up.

I like the dishwasher idea....Did the missus shunt you out for weeks for only for a few days?

I use Armour all for plastic cleaning. Works a treat but as with a lot of cleaners the plastic arracts even more dust n dirt after the action.

Be careful what you use to polish up with if your going to be applying stickers.

Use machine and NOTHING adhesive will stick to your mudguard properly. Mr Sheet isnt a once apply, clean away thing. It is slightly water repellent and dust repellent, so it will stay on your mudguards.

Your best bet is a good scrub with fairy liquid, its a degreaser, not solvent based, and it great for stickers. Whenever I apply a new sticker to the mont I always clean the spot with fairy liquid as it gets rid of oil, and yet its easily cleaned off.

Auto parts stores have a product called "wax and grease remover" which cuts alot of icky stuff like old sticker goo etc. extremely well. Then scrub with a bristle brush and try an assortment of cleaners found under the kitchen sink. Boraxo is my favorite for plastic, as it's non abrasive and seems to clean the brown stuff out of the scratches. Jay